2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To add my already long list of annoyances .....

Was driving into a carpark with a reasonably bumpy surface today and it sounded like the roof was going to come off or break: what a racket!

Is this another "characteristic" that I'm going to have to get used to or a fault that others have had rectified?

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
Never had a problem with mine either, but some members have had the top of the windscreen rubber seal replaced under warranty.
Maybe yours needs replacing between the roof and the screen. ??

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
No problems here either ... seems to be a rare occurrence ...

Back to the dealer, methinks ...

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
You could try this. Press the glass roof along the rubber seal where it joins the windscreen and listen for any creaking. If it creaks, use a piece of thin cardboard or similar and some lubricant (like vaseline or silicone grease), to clean out between the seal and the roof. Run the card under the seal until creaking is stopped.

I find that dirt gets trapped under the seal and makes a real racket.

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
You could try this. Press the glass roof along the rubber seal where it joins the windscreen and listen for any creaking. If it creaks, use a piece of thin cardboard or similar and some lubricant (like vaseline or silicone grease), to clean out between the seal and the roof. Run the card under the seal until creaking is stopped.

I find that dirt gets trapped under the seal and makes a real racket.
That is what I also did!
dirt between windscreen and rubber

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Sorry no problem with mine also.

·
Administrator
19,165 Posts
I have had no problem with mine, either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts