2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I glazed my car a few weeks ago and have since applied 2 coats of HD Wax. Is it possible to glaze directly over the wax or will I have to strip the car right back?

Thanks folks

Matt

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
I did this procedure a few weeks ago and waiting for spring before next clay session. I trying to determine the best 'top up' methods!
Quick detailer or even auto glyms aqua wax will top up the wax

·
Premium Member
12,688 Posts
Personally having used HD wax, you can layer it. When I had 4 layers on I used AG Rapid Detailer after each wash, it is very good. If you were nearer you could have mine as I won't be using it again as I have moved on from AG products.

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
I only mentioned aqua wax as it means you wash the car and wax it in one process instead if having to wash it dry it and wax it.

I do agree that using the same make of wax and quick detailer is probably a good idea

·
Premium Member
15,527 Posts
Clay mine every 6 months, not to get rid of tree sap though. Lots of other types of contamination, tar, iron, fall out etc.
+1, My car suffers from tree sap on my drive in the summer but a nice warm wash easily removes it, i guess thats where plenty of wax protection helps.:D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Clay mine every 6 months, not to get rid of tree sap though. Lots of other types of contamination, tar, iron, fall out etc.

Whatever you are into mate. Personally I love claying and only do it every 12 months because a clay job means a whole days hard labour. I used tree sap as an example and agree there are other contaminants. I'm not a high mileage driver so probabl why my car doesn't need regular claying. But you can over do it. Its a personal opinion of course and open to challenge/debate.

·
Premium Member
12,688 Posts
Whatever you are into mate. Personally I love claying and only do it every 12 months because a clay job means a whole days hard labour. I used tree sap as an example and agree there are other contaminants. I'm not a high mileage driver so probabl why my car doesn't need regular claying. But you can over do it. Its a personal opinion of course and open to challenge/debate.
Mileage does not have that much to do with it TBH. Fallout falls on parked cars more than moving ones ;)

·
FESTOOLIGAN
4,166 Posts
Claying the car takes me around 30 minutes max
Even with tree sap, it should come off easily if youve a good layer of protection there in the first place
+1

But be carefull and gentle if you dont want to micromarring the paint.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.