2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi!
So instead of posting in various threads I will try and focus my posts about my car in this thread.

To summarize:

I have so far:

- Tinted rear windows
- My own footwell illumination in blue
- LED's in front positional lights
- LED's in numberplate
- LED's in foglights
- Dipped beam Xenon conversion 4300k 35w (FocusEye for not irritating traffic)
- High beam ultra Bright 60w 4300k Xenon

Things on list to do soon:
- Door sills with lighting (From ebay) / ordered
- Wind deflectors from Heco / ordered
- Vinyl wrap front mid lip and back lower lip
- Front lip + Sideskirt lips / ordered

On test for today.
I bought cheap "dark smoke" tint for the headlights and tried to get them on properly.
Well it was -2 degrees C at the time and I got bubbles everywhere, but I Think I will keep it until the temperature rises to atleast +10 and then re-apply it with a real heat gun.

I really think it connects the dark grey in the front perfectly.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Will update this post with more pictures as time goes.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
-also reserved-

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The front and side lips came in today from the US.
Will probably get them on before this weekend is over!

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
Definitely the best colour. Have you had the grey plastic wheel arches painted in white? Can't tell. Think its a must! ;-)

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Definitely the best colour. Have you had the grey plastic wheel arches painted in white? Can't tell. Think its a must! ;-)
No I havn't and I'm still pondering to do it or not :)
I try to connect stuff and when the side skirt/lips get on (and if it looks good) it will connect with the grey wheel arches making them look one with the car instead of something separated.

We shall see :)

·
Registered
469 Posts
The tinting of the headlights is awesome! Does it make the lights weaker? What is the best way to tint them if money is not the problem?

·
Registered
18 Posts
What led have you installed in front positioning lights and are you getting the error message (that you have bad bulb)? I bought some cheap white leds and computer was showing bad bulb.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I use Philips LEDs in the front and Osram LEDs for the number plate and they don't show an error!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Images updated with the front lip and side lips!
It's allmost impossible for me to take a Picture that shows them properly because of shadows underneath.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The tinting of the headlights is awesome! Does it make the lights weaker? What is the best way to tint them if money is not the problem?
Yes it will (obviously :)) make the lights weaker, but for how much is the question.
I have converted to xenon so it's not such a big deal to me.

I would take the car to a professional that is specialized in vinyl wrapping to do the job. If they don't have the tint material, just buy some from Ebay or whatever and give it to them.
The problem is the shape of the headlights which will give lots of bubbles if not stretched and heated properly.
I couldnt do this properly now when it's so Cold and no access to hair dryer/heat gun outside so I will redo it at my parents summer house come spring I think.
Also specialized headlight tint material is usually a little thicker (because its suppose to protect headlights too)

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What led have you installed in front positioning lights and are you getting the error message (that you have bad bulb)? I bought some cheap white leds and computer was showing bad bulb.
Do we have can bus? Hmm I have no problem anyway with normal LED bulbs.
Usually it's only the turn lights that respond to lower resistance bulbs?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Are the headlight washers on your car real or fake? I ask this because you did a xenon conversion for the headlights.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Are the headlight washers on your car real or fake? I ask this because you did a xenon conversion for the headlights.
They are real and standard even without HID's (atleast here in Sweden)

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I did not think the bulbs were canbus controlled? Just normal wiring.
Shouldn't be cause I changed them all with no errors.
Strange that he got a message saying they were defect though? Thought it only happened on can-bus vehicles?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Mine looks like this:

Not the prettiest when unlit but bright and costs like 1£ from china.
It's a tight fit and I suggest taping it down with the cable connector so it doesn't fall into the lamp housing if you need to exchange it (This actually happened on my Qashqai. Funny :p ).

1 - 20 of 217 Posts