2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've had a look around on the wiki faults but cant find what I need. The handle on my glove box door has totally snapped off. I have two months warranty left on my Civic and was wondering would anyone know whether this would be covered under warranty?? If not (as I suspect) where would the cheapest/easiest place to get one be and at what cost?

Thanking you in advance,

Warmit123

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
It happened to me after about three days odd of ownership, it got replaced under warranty very quickly, apparently some mouldings were poor.

Tom

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
When you get it replaced check where the 'bolt' locks into the dashboard as mine got damaged and had to be replaced as well. Mine got stuck shut BTW :)

Tom

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Outcome at Honda

Went to Cardiff honda today about this problem. They are going to change the whole glove box door as the handle on its own is not replaceable. Its being done under warranty too. So i'm now a happy chappy again. Thanks again for your suggestions.:)

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
It's just another bit of money saving by Honda that has bitten them in the bum, why save money making things if you have to replace them at your cost several times over? Surely that saves little money?

Glad it's all sorted :)

ATB,
Tom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts