2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please could anyone give any advice/comment

Purchased a used 2.2 cdti SE Galaxy Grey recently --- just observed the Glove Box light does not work --- have changed the bulb as a first call -still no light --- I cannot find the switch that activates the light when the lid is open --anyone any ideas ??

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
this is how I and others have wired there footwell lights.

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
I stand corrected. Only had the car a year.:oops: I shall now sit in the freezer, to see if that light goes off, when "Er Indoors" shuts the door on me.
More practical than trying to squeeze into the glove-box !!! ... now "true confessions" time ...

I once set my digital camera to 'video-on' and set it in the boot (of a previous car), to see if the internal light actually stayed off when the boot-lid was shut ...

You're never alone with paranoia ! (schizophrenia ?) ...

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
This has to be the first car in years that I have owned that hasn't had an OFF catch, or pressure catch, which turns off the said light, when glove box lid is closed.?
Have you tried getting up in the night to ensure that the timer switches for the house lights are doing their job, yet Derek, or making sure that the front door hasn't unlocked itself. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for that .I was just passing dealer and took it in for advice

Sales chap looked in glove box in showroom --no light came on -- he then switched h/lights on --hey presto glove box came on !!

This the first car I have owned out of many that you have to have the h/lights on .
I would think that 99.9 times when you open the glove box it would be when you are stationary and lights switched off .Must be a way of making us all use h/lights all of the time.
Anyway Thanks for response --not many people knew this one .

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts