2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I just noticed that the glove box opener is broken on one side and when you pull it it goes in diagonal. Can you please guide how to fix or replace it?

I appreciate the help and wish you a nice day!

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Don't want to be the bearer of bad news but I have checked both on the workshop manual and on Lings Honda, and it looks like the glovebox lock is not available separately, and in any case the lid doesn't look like it will come apart without breaking it....

Going by previous experience it's most likely that there's a rollpin that is threaded through the lock hinge and the eye it is fixed at the top or bottom has cracked open - this would make it sit at an angle.

I think you will probably have to replace the whole lid sadly, and at 90 sovs for a new one, you may want to try ripping the old one open by whatever means, but see if you can get a used one on Ebay as I really don't think any attempt to fix your broken is going to be anything other than a joyless, possibly tearful experience!

There's a couple on fleabay for around 40 notes, but you may find one locally cheaper

Good luck

Dave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts