2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

for those having that *loud* rattling noise from around the glove compartment, I have an idea what could have gone wrong. Local dealer checked it today morning for me, and it seems that the air blow unit located under the glove-box got loose and is moving slightly. When this hits the bottom of the glove compartment, you feel the noise (and it happens on both at a certain RPM and on bumpy roads as well).

They didn't have the right colleague in there dealing with such issues, so they just moved it slightly further without fixing it there. Should the problem come back, they'll need a few hours opening that area but they gonna try it fixing properly.

Hope it helps someone :) Cheers..

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
I know exactly what you mean. Those little things get everywhere and are impossible to get rid of.:mad: It's bits of the carpeting that is used inside the glovebox.

Thanks for the info dyn. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Strange, I don't have these fluffs at all.. My Civic was made around April/May so maybe they fixed that already.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I get some black fibres on things in my glove box, but as yet have never seen it as a problem. I assumed that this is because the 'felt' in there is new and will shed an amount of materiel. I vac out the box when doing the car, and hope that it will stop after a while.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They didn't have the right colleague in there dealing with such issues, so they just moved it slightly further without fixing it there. Should the problem come back, they'll need a few hours opening that area but they gonna try it fixing properly.
Problem is solved completely, a screw was missing holding the air blow below the glove compartment in place. It was a matter of 10 minutes finding and solving the problem at an other Honda dealer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Do you get this noise when your ventilation is running at mid speed?? It's so annoying, dealer didn't seem too interested though!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts