2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title says it all!

My wife's 55 2.2EX has the glow plug light flashing and the engine warning light with the explanation mark is also showing.

The handbook mentions oil sensor problems, I have checked the oil level and although a bit on the low side it is above minimum.

Any ideas? The car is booked into the dealer on Monday but any further information would appreciated.

Cheers

Gmac00

·
Registered
712 Posts
First of all I'd top the oil up to the top level see if that makes any difference. Othe than that the dealer will sort it on Monday, could be a dodgy sensor/wiring etc. I take it it starts OK?

·
Registered
450 Posts
I had this happen regularly for a whole year. The dealer diagnosed the problem as a software bug on the second occasion it happened, but it took many months more before Honda released the software bugfix. Since then - I had no further problems up until I sold the car.
Its a pain because a dealer visit is needed to clear the error message every time it happens.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All fixed, seems it was a firmware problem that affected the oil level sensor.

ECU was flashed with the latest update and all is good with the world.:D

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
this brings me onto a question, can anyone tell me whether our civics have warning information that shows for blown bulb lower brake pads etc:mad:

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
blown bulb - its dark
lower brake pads - squeal

Sorry - couldn't resist - the answer is no to the above

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
blown bulb - its dark
lower brake pads - squeal

Sorry - couldn't resist - the answer is no to the above

Ya ya ya lol

That is a bit pants i would of thought for such a futuristic designed car it would have these things, mind you with cost of petrol glad in some respects i dont have the weight of extra gadgets

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
I got this today, booked in tomorrow to find out what the problem is!

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
I got this today, booked in tomorrow to find out what the problem is!
Fixed, not sure what the problem was but had a software update :) - also tols I needed new brake pads - all a bit KwikFit..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,

SWMBO's 55 Civic started this trick on Monday, cured itself yesterday, booked in to dealer's for Friday.

Since the car is now over 3 years old, I'm guessing that a huge bill will be incurred for 10 minutes work. Can anyone tell me what the story here is, this is a first time situation for us.

Cheers,

Ed.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Hi everyone,

SWMBO's 55 Civic started this trick on Monday, cured itself yesterday, booked in to dealer's for Friday.

Since the car is now over 3 years old, I'm guessing that a huge bill will be incurred for 10 minutes work. Can anyone tell me what the story here is, this is a first time situation for us.

Cheers,

Ed.
Its caused by a out of range reading on oil sensor - a ecu update solves this issue I recommend you take it to honda to get the code cleared and a ecu update as you will get better mpg.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
flashing glow plug light

i have had the same problem with my 05 accord, on monday it was so bad the couldn't be driven. Took it the a friends garage, fault code P1065 was stored, unfortunately this is a honda fault code so they had no information on the fault. I phoned honda they had a quick look and suggested that the fuel filter be changed as a first thing. This has now been done and the car drives like a treat, just like nothing had ever happened!:):D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I am new to this. But need desperate help and advice

Re: Honda civic 2.2 cdti
I have the same problem with my engine management light coming on with my glow plugs light flashing. But soon as the warning light came on my car cut out on me. RAC could not figure out the problem. So it went into the garage. The garage cleaned the fuel system and changed the fuel filter and everything was fine until yesterday(1 week later) exactly same happened. So the RAC came, maybe someone with a bit more knowledge and checked the code which read the mass air flow sensor. I then took it back to the garage and tried with their diagnostic and various different faults showed up. Such as p1031- fuel heater circuit malfunction, p0670- glow plug control module circuit open, p1033 - fuel heater relay circuit short to ground and finally p0489-EGR valve circuit shorted to ground. the RAC code was p0102- which was related to the MAF sensor. How ever like last week the car does not start, and the local garages don't seem to know their staff to much extent and dealers prices gives me goosebumps. Any advice would be appreciated and sorry about the essay.

Thank you

·
Registered
2 Posts
The title says it all!

My wife's 55 2.2EX has the glow plug light flashing and the engine warning light with the explanation mark is also showing.

The handbook mentions oil sensor problems, I have checked the oil level and although a bit on the low side it is above minimum.

Any ideas? The car is booked into the dealer on Monday but any further information would appreciated.

Cheers

Gmac00
how much they charge you

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have had the same problem with my 05 accord, on monday it was so bad the couldn't be driven. Took it the a friends garage, fault code P1065 was stored, unfortunately this is a honda fault code so they had no information on the fault. I phoned honda they had a quick look and suggested that the fuel filter be changed as a first thing. This has now been done and the car drives like a treat, just like nothing had ever happened!:):D
mine is givin code p1032 any one knows what need to be done:popcorn2:

1 - 20 of 75 Posts