2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, hoping someone on here has experienced similar or has knowledge to assist with the issue I have.

I have been having my 2.2 8th gen go into limp mode what appears to be randomly on and off over the last couple of years. Every time the code stored is p1348 which relates to a glow plug system malfunction. I changed two glow plugs approx 6 months ago after checking their resistances. No change. I have tonight changed the other two but noticed the first one was much harder to try and get out than the second. I took my time, removing whilst the engine was warm and managed to get it out in one piece. It appeared very dark for almost the entire length of the glow plug, almost like burnt on oil. Upon fitting the new plug, this was rather tight to try and thread in (not cross-thread tight) but tighter than expected. I removed the new plug to find it immediately coated in carbon soot (I hadn’t even started the engine) I then cleaned out the bore using a small bottle cleaner style brush but it was still a little tight to put back. Second plug went in a dream but after running engine for approx 5 minutes, I took it out to see this too covered in a tarnished, tacky almost burnt on oil. Limp mode fault not replicated yet but early days. I would really like to understand what this residue could be on the plug and where it could be coming from in such a short space of time

1 - 1 of 1 Posts