2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was invited to local Honda steeler last night for an "event".....

Was looking for a deal on 1.6 SE oil burner, but they kept offering "Silly Deals" on 2.2 ES models....

Just wondered if they have a field full of them to get rid ??

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,263 Posts
You as well then !

I had similar but I went prepared. I knew exactly what I wanted including options and stuck it in front of them.

I must admit that the deal offered was considerably better than I thought ........... and I insisted on a MY13 and not something that needed shifting.

They also offered £1k more for mine than Parkers reckons it's worth.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You as well then !

I had similar but I went prepared. I knew exactly what I wanted including options and stuck it in front of them.

I must admit that the deal offered was considerably better than I thought ........... and I insisted on a MY13 and not something that needed shifting.

They also offered £1k more for mine than Parkers reckons it's worth.
SNAP - offered me more for by 84k miles Type S than its worth !

Reactions: Silverwing

·
Aaaaa...V-tech
626 Posts
9G's are overpriced to start with, doubtful you where offered a bargain unless below £18K before a trade in IMO ...:worms:

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
yeah called me offering deals on 1.6 oil burner...... explained drove type r and really wouldnt be interrelated........

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,263 Posts
can we have some facts and figures to make sense of this thread other than i got a bargain ;):popcorn:
1.8 EX Auto (MY13)
Urban Titanium/Black
Mudflaps
Carpet Mats
4 Year servicing package

p/x
September 09 1.8 ES-GT Auto
Galaxy Grey
Mudflaps
Carpet Mats
2 services to go on Honda package
(USB Lead and SatNav DVD will be left with the car and not sold on Ebay)

Changeover price £13k

·
iVTEC, do you?
428 Posts
Maybe it's just because who on earth would buy the dated 2.2 now the 1.6 is out...
I think you would be surprised

·
1.8EX Milano Red 2007
910 Posts
Maybe it's just because who on earth would buy the dated 2.2 now the 1.6 is out...
Possibly similar kind on people who buy type r over a type s. A bmw 330d over a 320d. Land rover tdv8 over the tdv6.
I work in retail ( not vehicles so may be making a little assumption) but when we put something on special offer its not always because its not selling. Sometimes we put popular items on offer as we know this will get the most people in through our doors. Then we can sell them the dealership ( cars. Extras. Service. Etc) Once you get then in they may not buy but if they are happy with how you served them they are more likely to return when they need something.

Sent by me, using tapatalk 2

Reactions: Bog

·
Registered
3 Posts
I wouldn't say the 2.2 is dated at all - I'm absolutely raking the cash in with mine! Around 11p/mile to run - 19p/mile business mileage reimbursement.

Ker-bloody-ching :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts