2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am ordering an EX which comes with 17in wheels. If I prefer the 17in Penta, I have been told that this would cost nearly £1000 :shock:

How can this be??? Same size wheel, same tyre - Surely it should be as simple as a straight choice between 17's

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
But the 18" ones are only £850... Sounds like the std ones are the ones you always wanted!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi,

I've also just picked up my (nearly) new Petrol Ex. It was a dealer demo with storm 18" wheels on but I also preferred the Penta's so my dealer swapped them for free. The rrp of the storms is 850 and the penta rrp is 650 I think.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers guys.

I think my point is that there is no official way of adding 17in Pentas to a car that comes as standard with 17's.

Obviously when you upgrade from a 16in to 17in, there is a 'cost to change' price - in this case £650. My point to the dealer (and HONDA) is that my EX will already be specc'd as standard with 17's, all I am after is a different style of 17. So, there is no upgrade, just a like for like.

The price I have been quoted seems to be a straight purchase of 4 x 17in penta's. This would then leave me with 4 spare standard EX 17's sitting in the garage doing nothing - :roll: :?

·
Registered
975 Posts
what i'd do to have storms on my 1.4 :shock:

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Be content that the smaller the wheel, the better the ride! Look harshly down at those 18"ers and scoff at how bumpy and jiggly it is in there. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts