2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all..

In the last week or so I´ve noticed a strange noise when pressing the clutch down, and mist in my rear blinkers and some loud noises from the suspension..

So today when I was near the dealer I use, I dropped in and had a word with them..

Car is going in for a change of the clutch master cylinder.. new rear light blinkers, and managed to get a deal so I will end up with the Type R rear blinkers instead of the orange ones I have now.. :p

and have yet another look at the suspension.. this is now the second time they have to find out whats wrong..

I have been searching the different de-tango threads to find out what I need for this operation and want to know if I have gotten it right..

L/R rear light clusters, and new Type R bulbholders (maybe not neccesary!!:confused:), and silver bulbs..

The price I´ve gotten is approx. 23£ which is return cost of the orange ones they need to order under warranty.. they said it is not possible just to order the Type R ones, because the importer then would think its only because I wanted the Type R lights.. so theyll order a set of each and send the orange ones back on my account.. but I think its ok.. dont you..??

p.s could anyone who has done this PM me with a how to and what to use, so I can give them that info.. because they think it cant be done..;)

thanks in advance..

M.Wolff

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Sounds good - the R rear indicators are about £100+ by themselves, so getting them for about £20 is a good deal :)

The units themselves are a direct replacement, and fit 100% :)

BUT, as you have found out, the bulb holder has 'prongs' in different places.
You have 2 choices - either also purchase the R bulb holders (don't know how much these are), or modify the new indicators to fit the non-R holders (which is what I did).

This involves carefully filing away maybe 5mm of plastic per indicator, to enlarge two of the holes.

Below is a (pretty poor :oops:) photo of what needs to be done.

Before on the left, after on the right :)

And yes, you need silvered indicator bulbs to finish the look off :D

Attachments

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
After that its an easy job of just swapping the indicators out with the new ones :)

TTDegs made it easier for me without having me to file away anything

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
ohhhh Well its been rain rain rain rain here so no chance for photos or clean!

But tomorrow gona go and get my plate made up and hopefully fitted then pics might ensure!

Wish I had warranty still, would bring my car back about a few things...weird

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If possible, could anyone supply me with the part # for the bulb holders for the rear Type R blinkers.. the dealer wouldn´t take the time to help me with this on this side of easter..

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the car went to the shop yesterday.. and they didn´t put the R indicators on because the Bulbholders don´t fit.. (thats what they said)..:rolleyes: and I had already told them that more than one time..

I told them numerous times what to do, as I´ve read it here more than one time, but they didn´t.. So they fitted the new orange std. indicators, and then I asked now what.. I can´t return them as they´ve been on the car.. so I did this..

Asked if the R indicators was burning in there pocket.. and the spareparts person said that he didn´t wanted them in stock so I said, if you give me a good price maybe we´ll deal, or else I would have some friends living in Sweden buy them for me since there currency makes it cheaper..

Ended up with paying 300.-dkr for each side + tax.. thats approx. 69£..
a little more than agreed before easter but also a different deal.. and I am still pleased..

going down on the street now to see if I can do it before its dark outside...

and going out tomorrow to buy the silver bulbs..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts