Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My month old car is going in tomorrow to fix:
- windscreen rattles
- windscreen wiper noises
- clicking clutch
- interior rattles
and last but not least to show them the shoddy paintwork on the rear driver's side door. Having cleaned the car at the weekend I opened the rear doors to wipe down the sills. At this point I noticed how rough the paint is on the edge/inside of the driver’s side rear door. Looks like paint has been applied over lots of grit and I’m surprised this got through quality control. I can notice it from the outside too when the door is shut. Worse still, on even closer inspection the paint is also rough along the latter third of the horizontal door line, due to what looks like more grit. When I run my hand along the door line it is perfectIy smooth and then I meet resistance. I’m not even convinced this door is the same colour as the adjoining paintwork: it appears darker to me. I know the light can be deceiving but I’ve viewed the car in various light conditions and from various angles. Perhaps I'm finding so many issues now that I'm paranoid and looking for problems.
There’s also an interesting thread type make near the top of the tailgate.

To be honest I'd swap back for my old CRV tomorrow if they'd let me: I am so ******ed off with all the quality issues.:(

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
With all the issues I've had I'm considering getting my annoyance of my chest in writing to Honda: can anybody recommend a name and address to write to at Honda?

Thanks.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Letter

With all the issues I've had I'm considering getting my annoyance of my chest in writing to Honda: can anybody recommend a name and address to write to at Honda?

Thanks.

Write to :-

Asimo
C/O Honda of the UK Manufacturing Ltd
Highworth Road, South Marston
Swindon, SN3 4TZ

It's your best chance of getting a favourable response!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Does sound like you got a bit of a duffer!

I had an 07 Galaxy Grey 2.2 ES that had fantastic paintwork - I only had one small chip on the bonnet, other than that it was in great condition.

I now have an 07 DBP CTR and it has a few more bonnet chips but other than that it still looks pretty good. Maybe the paint was applied better on 07's or I'm just lucky???

I just had the clicking clutch problem fixed recently, that required a new clutch master cylinder, good as gold now (but for how long!!!!????) :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts