2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had some great news and couldnt be happier but will my type s do the job of a family car? we have a 5 door Corsa as well so hopefully can cope so i get to keep my car!!

anyone got little ones and a R/S Civic, any advice?

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
CONGRATS fella!!! :)

Reactions: Walton11

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
Congrats!

Sure it'll be fine also! But if not my 5dr is for sale to a good home ;)

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Congratulations! Fantastic news, oh and yes that's coming from a dad of a one year old with a Type R, makes a great parent wagon.

Massive boot, plenty of space to reach in and fit the child in their seat, in fact I usually just climb right in a secure her face on.

S will do you just fine, congrats again and get ready for more of a rollercoaster ride than you can imagine!!!!

Cheers

Nick

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Depends on how quickly you tire of getting kids in and out of the 3 door.

If its one baby - probably fine. A screaming 2 year old and a four year old - not so much.

I actually think our 5 door Civic is a bit of pain really, with the rear doors being narrow...

·
Tarmacadam Terror
5,666 Posts
Regularly run our friend and her little one around in the R, she thinks my civ is fantastic. Huge boot swallows the push chair And all the rest of the baby grenade stuff :D
Putting the wee fellas car seat is easier than her Megane

Doddle to get in and out of as you can step into the back and attach the seat with ease.

I was worried it might be a bit harsh and noisy for the wee fella, he started giggling when the v tec kicked in then fell asleep after 5 mins. Big Brett couldn't believe his luck when Julie suggested swapping their car for one like mine ;)

·
Premium Member
1,643 Posts
Ive got a 14 month old and bought a Ctr when she was 2 months old. My mrs has a five door Astra and the civic has oceans of room compared to that for pushchair shopping and what ever else you want to fit in.

I have considered changing the car a couple of times just for the sake of having five doors but the fact is what similar hatchback on the market offers so much boot space and trust me that's important when you have a baby.

As for the car seat ones you have the technique nailed it's as easy and as fast as clipping it in to an Iso fix base.

Congratulations to you as well - life changing experience but well worth it:cool:

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
8yr old and a 3yr old ive had the civic for 2yrs no issue

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
Like I say, depends on your tolerance for it.

My patience is fairly low for these things. At the end of a long day squeezing a toddler into a 3 door car isn't my idea of a party. You know the difference between toddlers and terrorists? Terrorists can negotiate....

If we are into alt' recommendations here, the CRV is a great car for child seat access - its high and wide. But it is also less economical, slower, and less safe than a Civic.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
thank you everyone!!

oh and just realised i posted in 9th gen section ooops....must be excitement.

glad i can keep civ too lol

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
I've got one coming to on 17th sept, and have a type r , it's staying tho haha

Congrats mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 23 Posts