2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
dpb colin
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came back from a visit to my sister,s. A round trip of 336 miles I left with a full tank of petrol, the reserve light came on about 10 miles from home on the return trip. my average speed was about 80mph. what do you think good, bad or average fuel consumption[smilie=think.gif]

·
ON A STEEL WOK I FRY
2,460 Posts
IMO, If you can average 28 to 35 mpg, that's about right fora type r. Motorway miles, expect a slightly better mpg but not much.

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
the tank holds 50 litres. With the mileage you stated it works out at about 30 to a gallon, not bad if its a combined cycle, if it was all motorway its a bit low.

·
geekess
3,638 Posts
30 mpg is good.

IMO, If you can average 28 to 35 mpg, that's about right fora type r. Motorway miles, expect a slightly better mpg but not much.
That would be very good for a type R. I dont think many achieve that.

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Quick someone call the police, this guy was speeding :police:

·
Wheel Man
169 Posts
I just did a fill tank of motorway and only got 30.4ish mpg. I expected more but it's a wee bit better than my daily A road / Motorway commute.

·
Wheel Man
169 Posts
I'll give that a bash then.

I was in that range for a lot of the time though, but will see how it goes. At the end of the day I knew it was gonna cost me more in fuel than my last car (1.6 Focus) and I only ever got 35-36mpg from that with half the power...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts