2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening all! Maxbert & family live in Luxembourg- I'm half Italian, half English, lived here most of my life... Mrs. Maxbert is Belgian, so the kids are [smilie=huh-ani.gif] !

Sooo.... Introduction over, down to business! Pottsy, outstanding forum, Sir! In fact, I came accross this site at a French site (also for star-struck Civic owners or owners to-be), www.civicyume.com- In fact, in France they are equally obsessed with Ipods and subwoofers, so your section on dismantling the dash features largely (with links to this site and all)! Great site if you speak French, excellent atmosphere.

After about 13 years of various people-carriers (by choice, even before Mrs. Maxbert and the kids... I like(d) big cars), I saw my first pics of the new Civic in December '05. Quick call to a dealer, "Yes Sir, it arrived yesterday", and I was off! Test drive,I was smitten... Mrs. M. and I rationalised for months that, while we wanted new cars, we didn't really need new cars, so on a fine day in May Mrs. Maxbert signed for a 2.2 FR-V, Maxbert signed for his 2.2 Executive GPS Civic... Mrs. Maxbert has been on the road with her new wheels for a month now, I am expecting delivery in...

FEBRUARY 2007 :roll: Ah well...

I've been lurking for a few days and, to be honest, getting a touch worried... The only 2 major griefs on the French forum centered on the knocking rear shocks, and a rattling dash (since fixed)- Oh, and the non-RDS RDS radio. I must say that more problems have come to light here. Time will tell...

Right, that's enough drivel. I'm off to read (and post now, yay!)-

Cheers,

Maxbert

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
Mr M - Welcome and I hope your Civ arrives early. I think that the only common problems are the dash - scratches far too easily and the ongoing HFT problems. Hopefully these problems will have been resolved by the time your car arrives :)

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Good evening, Mr M.

I wouldn't worry about "all" the small faults we're talking about. The car is excellent, but it gets dull just talking about how excellent it is, so we focus on the occasional little thing that prevents it from being perfect.

Hope you enjoy it here!

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Pottsy (and all), I'm sure I will!

I work in the weird & wonderful world of customer / client service, so I realise full well that you tend to get unsatisfied posts/calls/faxes/emails rather than satisfied ones... It tends to cloud your judgement!

BTW I gather you are connected to aviation? Idle curiosity, are you a prooner (if you are then U know what I mean :D )?

Maxbert

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
I am... but I try to read more than I post, and there is a lot of rubbish there (as everyone knows). I tend to only get involved when something important happens to the type that I'm on.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A lot of said rubbish probably put there by me! [smilie=giggle.gif] But as I'm only (very) tangentially connected to aviation, I mostly read, and only posted on JB... Until things got a little "Eins-zwei Polizei" recently... I'd rather be here, but as this is very off-topic, forget Proon, back to the Civic, much more interesting!

Goodnight all!

Maxbert [smilie=zzz.gif]

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Welcome Mr. Maxbert.

Looks like LHD cars' delivery times are pretty long compared to the guys who drive on the wrong side of the road. :wink:
Which colour did you go for?

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
At least they put the mike on the left for you !!!! :lol:

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
Welcome Maxbert :D February 2007 for delivery - what a killer. I had a six month wait for an Audi A3 when they were first launched and I know what it's like to have to wait for so long :cry:

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
All- Thanks for the welcome!

Copycat- Galaxy Grey with beige interior.

BEIGE?!?!?! I hear you all shriek. Yes, beige- I know that beige in the UK seems to be a colour associated with Zimmer frames, dentures and incontinence nappies, but this stigma is (fairly) absent on the Continent- Besides, I don't really like coal-scuttle black interiors...

I'm 38, so this is my mid-life crisis car (can't afford the Ferrari...), besides in the short, medium and long-term it will be cheaper than getting a mistress (the clinching argument used on Mrs. Maxbert to justify the top-end spec. and trim :wink: )!

Funnily enough, over on the French forum the main beef regarding delivery times seems to involve the petrol, rather than Diesel models :?:

Hopefully I will receive MX1968 (yeah, vanity plate and all... :oops: ) before February. When Mrs.Maxbert picked up her FR-V (and what a corking car that is, as well!), the dealer told me that he had given me the pessimistic estimate when we ordered in May, and that Honda had caught up a lot of their backlog... Still, delivery in the middle of winter seems assured... :roll:

Cheers,
Maxbert

·
Registered
178 Posts
welcome to the forum Maxbert!

nothing wrong with Beige IMHO, really lightens up the interior.

Hope the wait passes quickly - I'm less than a month now till I get mine and it's torture!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts