2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I recently purchased a 2012 2.2 DTEC with 105k on the clock, still with the original clutch. I got the stage 1 remap from Celtic tuning, and within a couple of weeks the clutch started slipping in 4th gear.
Should I be looking at replacement clutches? If so, which is a good option to handle the extra torque?
Or would reversing the remap be a more sensible option?
Maybe I should have left it unmodified, but it seems like the clutch was on borrowed time anyway & it's much smoother to drive with the remap so ideally would like to keep it with a better clutch.
Ideas/experience anyone?
Cheers
Robin

·
Premium Member
5,343 Posts
Stick a standard one in it. The iDTEC ones aren't chocolate like the iCTDi ones were. Anything else like a uprated one with the likes of a solid flywheel, you'll regret it. My 2.2 destroyed one of those and I went back to standard fitment.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Hi there, I faced the same problem with a Stage 1, at this point I was with stock clutch and was planning to install a reinforced clutch. In the mean time I found a good tuner in Spain that made a special map to deal with the extra torque, basically it was same as stock map until 2.500 rpm and beyond this was more like the Stage1. It worked until I installed a CG clutch and came back to pure stage1.
Curiously this CG clutch is still in the car with 200k km on it and performing perfect.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stick a standard one in it. The iDTEC ones aren't chocolate like the iCTDi ones were. Anything else like a uprated one with the likes of a solid flywheel, you'll regret it. My 2.2 destroyed one of those and I went back to standard fitment.
Cheers
With a new standard clutch, will its longevity be impacted much by the remap do you think? (with reasonably sensible driving)
Or is the slippage issue likely to happen again in the near future?

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Hi there, I faced the same problem with a Stage 1, at this point I was with stock clutch and was planning to install a reinforced clutch. In the mean time I found a good tuner in Spain that made a special map to deal with the extra torque, basically it was same as stock map until 2.500 rpm and beyond this was more like the Stage1. It worked until I installed a CG clutch and came back to pure stage1.
Curiously this CG clutch is still in the car with 200k km on it and performing perfect.
Sorry, I didn't catch the point it is an iDTEC, mine is iCTDi

·
Premium Member
5,343 Posts
Cheers
With a new standard clutch, will its longevity be impacted much by the remap do you think? (with reasonably sensible driving)
Or is the slippage issue likely to happen again in the near future?
Mine is remapped on a standard clutch and DMF. They replaced the WRECKED 'uprated' garbage design that originated from CG and was copied by competition clutch. If you're running a diesel, stay with the standard setup, it'll be far better. I don't drive my car like an idiot and it's been fine for me. Same as my friend with a 2.2 Type S that's also remapped with the standard clutch and DMF.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts