2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - first post here...

I have a Honda Civic I-Dtec Es-T 2013. Love it... done a 110,000 miles in it already! It has the honda standard sat nav unit.

My wife just got a new nissa micra which has a great touch screen and importantly apple carplay which supports WAZE.

Im looking for recommendations of what is general seen as a good or best replacement head unit for the civic with Carplay support. Also an understanding on how easy it is to replace and install.

Thanks in advance!

AC

·
Premium Member
2,291 Posts
There is a connects2 kit for the civic, so most things should be plug and play - That being said, I'm not aware of any way to integrate the existing OEM reversing camera / parking sensors, which I'd rather not lose.

If you're willing to bear with the slow speeds of the headunit, you can install Waze - See my guide; That gets you part of the way - unfortunately car play isn't possible.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is the type of headunit I have is not android - its the old one with satnav - i cant post a picture yet

My reverse camera also appears up on my upper dash next to the digital speedo..

To get what im looking for, i think it will be a replacement... looking at something like the Pioneer AVH-W4400NEX

Whats connects2?

thanks! Andy

·
Registered
21 Posts
Im in the exact same situation as yourself @acebrodie - haven't decided what to do yet, the sat nav unit is nice, but it's clunky to use and slow - If I want to use satnav, firing up google maps is way quicker.

Also, my bluetooth connectivity is sketchy, it drops out intermittently and I don't have the ability to track skip form the controls and track details appear for the first time but don't change with the song.

Not impressed with this unit at all and as I don't have parking sensors or reversing camera my requirements are less than yourself, so replacing the Head unit with something better might be an easier task for me.

Interested to see how you get on, good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts