2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well after 5 years I have said goodbye to my faithful 07 Civic - sold yesterday morning to a colleague. A brilliant car, did everything I wanted it to, totally reliable, and returned 49.9mpg on tank to tank measurements over 89k miles. May the new owner get as much pleasure from it as I did.

.... and yesterday afternoon I said hello to my new 9G Civic, collected with a whole 4 miles on the clock. Looking very smart in Polish metal. Picture taken (before the rain) on the way home yesterday :cool: :D

Be kind to me this year old father winter.

New sticker to be applied for!

Attachments

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,263 Posts
Hopefully me as well in 5 months or so :)

A lengthy comparison review from an owner of both models would be quite useful.

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Looks very nice, and the best colour ;)

I too look forward to reading how you get on with the new motor.

Reactions: wavepower

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Intend to post a first impressions report - hopefully on Friday.

·
Administrator
19,185 Posts
I actually prefer the 9G look to the 8G both inside and out. Do you feel the quality is better or the same?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've driven both, but not owned an 8g.

I generally think the 9g is better built, with comfier seats, my brother owned an 8g (the one I've driven) and he agrees.

The 2.2d is also quieter than the old 2.2d 8g. Outside and in. On the drive ticking over i think you really could mistake it for a petrol.

I prefer the look from front and back, but think it looks a bit odd from the side, like the back somehow doesn't match the front, it also has a lower roof line, looks a bit like someone sat on it, I've even hit my head a few times! But then I guess that's better for less drag and better mpg.

The odd flares over the rear arches of the 2.2d denote it being that model, they lower drag according to Honda and got the car into the 110cfm tax bracket! Madness.

I prefer the dash, feels more solid, but also a more traditional dash makes me personally feel more in touch with the car and road, the 8g always made me feel like I was in a bubble! Lol.

To sum up my thoughts, styling is more marmite, but its better built, and inside is well thought out. Engine also seems more refined.

This is only my opinion however, experience wise as said, driven two 8g's which I've also ridden in a lot, an ES with heated leather 1.8vtec, and a 2.2d dtec type S. My car is the same as pictured above, in the 2.2d ES.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well after 5 years I have said goodbye to my faithful 07 Civic - sold yesterday morning to a colleague. A brilliant car, did everything I wanted it to, totally reliable, and returned 49.9mpg on tank to tank measurements over 89k miles. May the new owner get as much pleasure from it as I did.

.... and yesterday afternoon I said hello to my new 9G Civic, collected with a whole 4 miles on the clock. Looking very smart in Polish metal. Picture taken (before the rain) on the way home yesterday :cool: :D

Be kind to me this year old father winter.

New sticker to be applied for!

Wavepower,
Same here. I have a 8G Civic VXi Sedan. Ordered a new 9G Civic Exec 5Dr (White Orchid Pearl). Wasn't stock in Cape Town, so I have been waiting for 3 weeks now. Taking ownership on Tuesday. Just cannot wait (sleep, oh sleep, where art thou)

·
Premium Member
651 Posts
Hiya Alan,
I'm sorry I missed your post back then. I'll keep my eyes peeled for the new one.
Trust all goes well,
Cheers,

·
Registered
815 Posts
Welcome to the 9th gens ;)

Greetings,
Dark Flemish

1 - 15 of 15 Posts