2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sad to say that I've had to make the tough decision to get rid of the Civ. I managed to get the garage to look and sort the clutch but the whole experience has left a bitter taste in my mouth and the potential for it to happen again (as I understand the clutches havn't been uprated) is too great a risk (cost wise) to have hanging over my head. Lost very little money which is a positive and not having the Civ will put us financially better off as I've gone for one of the newer smaller diesel units from Vauxhall. Understandably this change of car will carry it's own problems - what car is problem free?... but the Sherwoods warranties, knowing the sales guy,getting a damn good deal and the savings I'm going to get in the long run made the decision for me.
I'd like to say I'll own another Civ one day, maybe look a bit harder at the overall picture next time and perhaps opt for petrol if I can afford to get a second car that I'm not going to put miles on.

I love my Civic and will dearly miss it's comfort, feel of the cabin, that feeling that you get each time you get in and hit that start button, as well as many many other things that just make me smile.
Got to put this great motor in the back of my mind but doubt I'll manage it. Barring the clutch problem this has been the best car I've owned.

I wish everyone else with clutch issues the best of luck with their appeals and hopefully Honda will admit the issues and get a recall sorted asap.

Thanks for your help and tips whilst I've been on here.

Honda2Civic2

·
Registered
295 Posts
That was one of the reasons I sold my Civic also was the clutch issue many have had on the diesel. Mine was fine when I sold it and I had no signs of problems but my workmate had his slipping on his 56 plate and got it done under warranty, he was told it would have been a 4 figure repair if he was paying the bill. With my car out of warranty and still on the original clutch it was one of the factors I thought about when deciding to change my car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts