2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Joined this forum on the advice of the seller, had a browse and can see some great stuff.

Already had some fun in the car but can see I might want to upgrade the audio system. Plus maybe an induction kit to show off the growl!

Recommendations welcome!

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Welcome! Great choice! :D

Basic mods (HKS RSK intake and Milltek Exhaust) will give this kind of noise, in car it sounds really good!! VTEC sings from the intake!

If you go down the route of something like a single side exhaust and an Exhaust manifold this is what you can expect, although it will be much louder

·
Ex Honda Tractor driver!
162 Posts
Welcome along to the madhouse, hope you have deep pockets as it can get expensive here :D Upgrade the front speakers and sound deaden the front doors for a huge improvement to the standard stereo setup!

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome! Great choice! :D

Basic mods (HKS RSK intake and Milltek Exhaust) will give this kind of noise, in car it sounds really good!! VTEC sings from the intake!

Civic Type R FN2 0-60 mph test (few mods) - YouTube

If you go down the route of something like a single side exhaust and an Exhaust manifold this is what you can expect, although it will be much louder

Civic Type R FN2 Martelius Exhaust & Tegiwa Manifold - YouTube

Wow the Martelius sounds filthy! Liking the first option though, as I'm very selfish and only really care what it sounds like for the driver - plus my neighbours might kill me..

mryanski - I'll have to take it easy on the pockets for a little while as insurance for me wasn't cheap as you can imagine. I think speakers are definitely the thing bugging me the most though. No bass at all. Any brands you'd recommend?

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone :)

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
Welcome to the forum and car is looking good!

I think a lot of people go for the infinity reference speakers if you're just doing a straight swap in the front doors.

I have focals in the front running from an amp + a sub in the boot which sound great but a bit more pricey route.

What ever you go for i'd definately sound deaden the doors which will make a big improvement and make the best out of whichever speakers you go for.

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Wow the Martelius sounds filthy! Liking the first option though, as I'm very selfish and only really care what it sounds like for the driver - plus my neighbours might kill me..

mryanski - I'll have to take it easy on the pockets for a little while as insurance for me wasn't cheap as you can imagine. I think speakers are definitely the thing bugging me the most though. No bass at all. Any brands you'd recommend?

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone :)
Yes exactly, the first video shows the sound from two well known mods. It makes a great difference to the sound and is only around £900 fitted.

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
A very warm welcome from liverpool :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.