2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry of this is in the wrong section.

Need help fellas. Some lads from work are on fb taking the piss out of my car. Im struggling with comebacks lol.

The two lads love there Vauxhalls, one has a 313bhp VXR. Any smart comebacks or general ammo would be great.

·
mmmm bacon
638 Posts
Sorry of this is in the wrong section.

Need help fellas. Some lads from work are on fb taking the piss out of my car. Im struggling with comebacks lol.

The two lads love there Vauxhalls, one has a 313bhp VXR. Any smart comebacks or general ammo would be great.
Someone I work with had an Astra VXR, went through about 3 gearboxes in 6 months

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Wasn't the VXR slogan 'Torque steer of the Devil'?

·
Enjoying life
8,603 Posts
If it's about speed, which it probably is, just ask them how fast their VXR would be without a turbo. You can stick a turbo on anything and make it pretty quick.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Some great stuff there. I understand Vauxhall nuff said but why? I know about the **** torque steer but then its "more than a civic". N yeah gearboxs are terrible lol

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Only bants....

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Its simple..
Power is nothing without control.

Around a twisty track/road I dont think there will be that much in it. He'll spend more time fighting the car than letting the car do the work.
Oh wait... there wont be much in it till it goes bang...

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,283 Posts
As above, the only thing a VXR has over the civic is a factory fit turbo....

Civic plus points: slick as f*** gearbox, handles like it's on rails, 8k + revs, will run into 200k + milage where the VXR will end it's life hugging a tree or ditch, TDi fitted turbo will probably see 370bhp on stock internals so you can laugh at his puny 313bhp, not a Vauxhaul.

Reactions: JHL

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
When you can get a naturally aspirated FN2 up to 265bhp, that's all you need to know. Any VXR has **** loads of power, but that's why you see so many of them damaged and parked up; it's a shitload of power in something that just isn't very capable. And yeah; it's a vauxhall.... Not exactly something to brag about, no matter how many of anything it has!

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
It's a Vauxhall... nothing more needs to be said >:)

1 - 20 of 79 Posts