2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
K20 addict
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got photos of the GP kit on black cars? Think it'll look a bit 'hidden' as it is, so was thinking to paint the mesh grille a different colour (silver or a gunmetal grey) just to make the GP 'fins' stand out a bit more.

Anyone done something similar?

Mines Crystal black pearl NH731P

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Mine is nighthawk black with the GP kit in black. Have a look at the pictures in my garage if you like- I know what you mean about it looking hidden on a black car, although the kit shows up a bit better in real life than in photos if that helps.

·
K20 addict
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine is nighthawk black with the GP kit in black. Have a look at the pictures in my garage if you like- I know what you mean about it looking hidden on a black car, although the kit shows up a bit better in real life than in photos if that helps.
Will do ta.

Did you paint the grille black when you got it? Sure I read a thread somewhere saying to paint it properly anyway before fitting as the rubber paint that it comes with is crap. Can't find the thread tho!

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Will do ta.

Did you paint the grille black when you got it? Sure I read a thread somewhere saying to paint it properly anyway before fitting as the rubber paint that it comes with is crap. Can't find the thread tho!

I bought the car with the GP kit fitted so I assumed it was factory painted and fitted. I think I've heard the same as you about the quality of the pre-painted kit though.

·
K20 addict
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
had mine fitted now and it does look miles better in the flesh than in pics. Glad I bought it now. Also bought a brand new upper bumper to match now so no stone chips.

One thing I keep seeing come up though, is the iffy paint on the mesh. Someone on the FB groups told me his has started to rust after just 3 weeks! What do you guys do to sort this or have you not had the problem?

Really don't want to take the thing apart but might have to and get it powdercoated or could possibly get away with blasting it with rubberised/plastipaint?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just resurrect an old (ish) thread..

I've had a look at the parts available on the Cox site and can't see the GP spoilers listed, would anyone happen to know if they're still available or has Honda run down what stock surplus it had.

I have emailed Cox to enquire but thought the community might have some insight.

·
K20 addict
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just resurrect an old (ish) thread..

I've had a look at the parts available on the Cox site and can't see the GP spoilers listed, would anyone happen to know if they're still available or has Honda run down what stock surplus it had.

I have emailed Cox to enquire but thought the community might have some insight.
Have a look on eBay. Sure cox list them on there

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
2 years ago you could buy both from Cox for just over £500 quid or so, why on earth have they gone up the best part of £300 ??

·
K20 addict
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
2 years ago you could buy both from Cox for just over £500 quid or so, why on earth have they gone up the best part of £300 ??
Stuff goes up every year. I bought a complete front bumper for 140 from Honda in March, but after April it went to 170. Guess it's a new financial year or price point at end of March or summat

·
K20 addict
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BTW, anyone buying the GP kit for the front. I highly advise removing the mesh and absolutely caking it in a plastic spray paint or similar. Mine started rusting ONE WEEK after fitting, but since spraying it up it's been fine, 10 months on.

·
K20 addict
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Gp front and rear now. Looks great.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts