2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Type R Supporter
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the GP fitted on my FN2 for the last week and I love it!

Always wanted a GP kit ever since I got my car but couldn't justify it. Seen the GP kit on Milanos and some CW FN2's but haven't really seen it on black FN2's.

With the wife expecting our first baby in July this year I was contemplating selling my FN2 and getting a more practical 5 door car but there isn't really anything that gets me excited. After some thinking I've made the decision to keep my FN2 as the wife has a 5 door Yaris so hopefully that will suffice for now.

Anyway as I'm keeping the car i've decided to purchase a GP kit which was originally Deep Bronze. Dropped the kit off at the paint shop and got everything re-sprayed in NHB and picked it up 2 weeks ago.

Spent a couple of hours installing the thing - pretty straight forward but ideally you will need another pair of hands to help as the bumpers are big and awkward. Hardest thing was getting off the rusted on bolt off the exhaust triangle.

Anyway, the proof is in the pictures and I'm over the moon with them. They completely transform the look of the car and should really be standard on Type R's.

Also picked up a Hondata Flashpro the same week too which combined with my HKS RSK makes for a huge grin factor :) Again I have no idea why it isn't like this from the factory.

·
Premium Member
307 Posts

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Looking good pal, i here ya with the rusted bolts, especially on the exhaust triangles where its connected to plastic so you dont have much leverage

·
Type R Supporter
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looking good pal, i here ya with the rusted bolts, especially on the exhaust triangles where its connected to plastic so you dont have much leverage
Yeah I could see the plastic starting to stress! The passenger side was dead easy but the drivers side was bloody hard work!

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Looking great! What are you planning on doing next?

Can't wait until I get my own GP kit but I'm going through the engine/exhaust route first, cosmetics will be the cherry on top. :D

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Looks brilliant, I just fitted a rear gp kit on my milano fn2 and glad I did. What suspension/springs do you have looks good?

·
Space Ranger
970 Posts
Looks great. I think all CTR should have had the GP kit fitted as standard

·
Type R Supporter
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks brilliant, I just fitted a rear gp kit on my milano fn2 and glad I did. What suspension/springs do you have looks good?
Just the standard at the moment but want to lower it....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts