2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The paint / coating on the mesh grill on my GP front splitter has all started to crack . Is this covered on warranty ? If not how much does a new mesh cost ??

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have extended warranty so hope it's covered

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
I doubt the mesh will be covered under warranty, and I don't think you would be able to buy the mesh on its own.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I doubt the mesh will be covered under warranty, and I don't think you would be able to buy the mesh on its own.
It looks like it clips in so don't see why you couldn't .

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
It's an optional extra that comes as part of the kit, I'd be surprised if you could get it on its own.

It is just held in with clips, but it means taking the bumper off to get to it.

It's more like a plastic coating that's on the GP mesh and if you get a stone chip on it the water will get into it and cause it to lift off.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rang honda it might be covered on warranty but we will see . They said you can't get the mesh it's part of the kit , seems stupid if you ask me . It's all flaked and brittle like a chicken wire fence that's been well and true my weathered.

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
Out of interest Raffy, how old is your car / gpkit? My GP splitter turned up today so if this is going to start happening i need to know!

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's been on the car 4-5 yrs I think .Tony Abs hex mesh ?? You got a link for it .

·
K20 addict
983 Posts

·
K20 addict
983 Posts
Someone has just told me their 3 week old gp splitter has started to rust!

What have people done to sort this? Plasti paint seems an easy option, but cba stripping the old paint off. Mines brand new so want to sort befoe fitting

1 - 20 of 21 Posts