2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
grease monkey
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i after peoples opinions on the GP rear end.
I’m in the process of doing the 3dr to 5dr body kit conversion, and i now got the rest of the bits need today (side skirts, exhaust triangle etc)
but I’ve also got the lower skirt of a type R,
so now I don't know if i should fit the GP rear lower or the type R lower? :confused: :facepalm:
if anyone has pics of both in silver that would a great help:popcorn2:

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
Type R rear and Gp front.

·
The Party Organizer!
734 Posts
In my opinion, the front GP splitter looks the dog's dangling bits... But I'm not particularly fond of the rear GP splitter (or diffuser), I do prefer the OEM one...
In my Type R I fitted the front GP splitter only, and I left the rear as it was... I'm quite happy with the result!

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Type R rear and GP front

·
grease monkey
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the replies. i really like the GP front and type R rear, put i seen a pic of silver type R with the GP rear black and it'll looked really good. :D
at this rate i'll have to paint both and then decide :(

·
grease monkey
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sell both and get a mugen rear ;)
lol, i've just been looking at the mugen front lip in the for sale section,
but need more cash for that :facepalm:
i wasn't a fan to sstart, but it's grown on me, really llike it now, even the rear wing

·
Premium Member
9,725 Posts
Not so keen on the mugen front personally ! Much prefer my gp but would be even rarer if i had a red m200 lookylikey

i also have a wing ordered :D

·
grease monkey
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not so keen on the mugen front personally ! Much prefer my gp but would be even rarer if i had a red m200 lookylikey

i also have a wing ordered :D
yeah i'm the same, i love the GP front. the first time i fitted one a work i love it, and it was a red type R with the black inner ;)

hopefully mine will look as good as your, but in silver, fingers crossed i'll have it fitted by next weekend (fingers crossed)

·
grease monkey
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Premium Member
4,711 Posts
I have had both on mine gp front ? Now mugen front & I prefer mugen IMO looks more aggressive ? Front gp looks flat at the front but with mugen it gives it a stance ? Same as the rear gp is flat looking as though something is missing so I would stick with original type r rear ;) mugen & original type r give it a stance ;) IMO as you can see in the pics ;) this is just my preference ;) that's why everybody is different it would be a boring place if we all liked the same thing ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ;)

Attachments

·
I'm going fast again!
1,138 Posts
Thats funny, majority of people prefer the standard rear but when I get the GP kit it will be mainly for the rear as I think it looks awesome! :)

·
grease monkey
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well i'm almost sure i'm going to but the GP rear on, it will look different as the car is a 5dr, plus seen one a work today and looks awesome. thanks for all your replies

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.