1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
ivtec just kicked out,YO!
1,007 Posts
I don't think it comes that way from the factory, it's more likely it was painted afterwards

·
*Lisa* Alabaster Princess
1,750 Posts
It may have been ordered from Honda in this colour but it is not standard. People have been known to have Honda do a custom paint job for them, which is likely to be the case here. Therefore you would need to contact a Honda dealer and get them to do the same for you; at an extra cost I would think.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How can you be so sure?
Just asking...because i know this part came from Honda as is in 2009.

:confused:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It may have been ordered from Honda in this colour but it is not standard. People have been known to have Honda do a custom paint job for them, which is likely to be the case here. Therefore you would need to contact a Honda dealer and get them to do the same for you; at an extra cost I would think.
Perhaps....

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think it looks awesome on a Black R, so i wanted to order the same :( [smilie=nolikey.gif]

If its not available, i cant justify paying more over what this part already costs

·
1,007 Posts
Because there are a lot of members here who know more about Civics than people who work in Honda dealerships :)
So true :D

There are 4 type R colors, and GP splitters come colorcoded to the car color with (piano I think) black insert.

Also can check here for GP colors available

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey guys. need some wisdom here.
Ok so i got the GP Splitter, but they are not painted on the sides...its greyish on the sides, and black center.

Is this normal?

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Hey guys. need some wisdom here.
Ok so i got the GP Splitter, but they are not painted on the sides...its greyish on the sides, and black center.

Is this normal?
That sounds like a Type S GP splitter to me.

All Type R ones are painted.

Not sure if it fits a type R perfectly with the arches and Type R's are wider.

I know people that buy Type S splitter need to get Type R arches...

·
1,007 Posts
Actually Type S and Type R are the same shape, 5 door Civic need Type S/R arches.
Do you know the part number? Or just color code them, you wanted a grey middle anyway ;)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks, after reading a few other posts I came to that conclusion. I'll be doing the grey pieced in cf I think...will look tops.
I'll post pics when done!

Thanks gents

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

2,111 Posts
I do also think that this is a photoshop... The rear doesn't seem like the same colour as the front.

You could order an alabaster silver one (Type R one) and paint the sides in black to match the car. I'm also 100% sure that they don't come from Honda that way...

Carbon fibre wrapping would also look nice. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts