2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Problem: My satnav screen has an error message which basically asks me to start the engine and park up for 10 minutes to get a signal because the GPS was powered down. I have done that many times but no connections and the error message persists.

The local sat nav / car audio guy says there is a problem with the GPS aerial. It is not getting a signal for which reason I am not getting a GPS signal. The aerial may have been damaged when the previous owner (only bought the car recently) retro-fitted the GPS. That's a whole different issue which is subject to court proceedings.

Solution suggested is to replace the GPS aerial but he (the local) cannot guarantee it will fix the problem.

The GPS aerial kit costs around £150 + from dealer and cannot return it if it does not fix the problem.

My questions are:

1. has any one else had anything similar? If so, was it the aerial.
2. If it was the aerial did you need to by the entire GPS kit to fix it?
3. Does anyone have a aerial they want to sell? (apologies mods - thought it might be easier to bundle it altogether rather than create a "wanted" post)
4. If it was not the aerial - what other fixes are available?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Sounds like either your GPS receiver is faulty not very common though but have seen a couple go down. Or it could be an internal issue in the sat nav unit itself. Have you checked the connection behind the radio?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts