2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi peeps

I just wondered if there is any way to access the GPS remotely, e.g. via a phone? It's my car, I just wondered if it can be used to track/find the car? Don't get me wrong, I don't need to, no-one else uses the car, I just wondered.

Also, how about the bluetooth system, is there any way to hook it up to the phone to play music through etc?

Or way out there, is there any way to get the SatNav screen to display phone information like who's calling, sms messages etc?

Or am I just wishing? You might guess, I just want to hook up my Android to the car in a bit more depth.

Thanks!

Sked

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
We all like to dream haha!
GPS- no
Bluetooth- no
Caller display- yes, kind of. Bogs control box will allow you to have a video display on the nav screen. I'm sure there'll be a way to make that work.
I've bought a box from him but yet to install.

Reactions: Sked

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
You can get software for android phones that find your car I assume you must log save your gps location on your phone when car is parked

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tell me more about bogs control box, sounds interesting!

Seems odd that you can't tap the GPS or bluetooth

How about fitting a usb port somewhere?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Shrek101, yes I have that functionality but it uses the GPS on the phone rather than the car. The app is "tasker" it's like a programming tool with a GUI, you set it so that when it loses its bluetooth connection then it logs the location on the phone via the phones GPS. This means you can always find your car :)

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
I love the way CSI and the movies show cars being tracked via their sat nab systems... Afaik it's not possible in most cars... Certainly not in Honda's as they do not transmit any data...... Only receive the gps signal.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Hi Shrek101, yes I have that functionality but it uses the GPS on the phone rather than the car. The app is "tasker" it's like a programming tool with a GUI, you set it so that when it loses its bluetooth connection then it logs the location on the phone via the phones GPS. This means you can always find your car :)
That IS clever. I like that alot!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts