2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The GPS is reading speed in Mi/h when you make the trick with the diagnostics menu. Is it any way to change it into Km/h? I've tried it with the mi/km transition button but it doesn't work. I think in someway must be possible to change. Anyone Ideas?

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not quite sure that the diagnostics menu is mentioned in the cataloque. I have to check at it but after a quick checkup I didn't found anything. I think somehow the units of navigation can be changed from imperial to metric.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
I have this sneaking idea that you can't change that one :(

on an aside note - gm1980 - is your Civ UK spec, or do you actually have a non-UK spec one with the mph/kpm button on the dash?

Thoughts were that only UK spec got that! :D

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
or do you actually have a non-UK spec one with the mph/kpm button on the dash?

Thoughts were that only UK spec got that! :D
Just a thought, maybe (only maybe mind!!!) this is due to the fact that Cyprus used to work in imperial miles (not sure if it still does!) so that the MPH/KPH switch would be there for us old fogies to continue to think in 'old money'

So maybe Cyprus gets a UK spec (they certainly drive on the correct side of the road! ;))

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is a button on the dash to change from miiles to kilometers. I think our dealers importing the UK version baut with different names. Instead of EX we classify it as business and the ES is classified as comfort. I have managed to change the navigation settings from miles to kilometers but that particular reading doesn't seem to be affected. ANyway I have a mobile GPS device that can actually do that so I can measure the accuracy of the speedo.

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
I am not quite sure that the diagnostics menu is mentioned in the cataloque. I have to check at it but after a quick checkup I didn't found anything. I think somehow the units of navigation can be changed from imperial to metric.
gm1980 in the Greek hand book (manual) page 125 explains it all. If you like I can scan it for you and send it to you. If you want the English version I've got it in the car. I can scan that if you preffer

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
gm1980 in the Greek hand book (manual) page 125 explains it all. If you like I can scan it for you and send it to you. If you want the English version I've got it in the car. I can scan that if you preffer
isn't that the menu settings for the trip computer?

I think the 'trick in the diagnostics menu' we are talking about here is the un-documented fetaure (except on CivInfo :D) about doing the 3 finger salute on the sat nav, and getting the GPS speed displayed on the nav screen :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
isn't that the menu settings for the trip computer?

I think the 'trick in the diagnostics menu' we are talking about here is the un-documented fetaure (except on CivInfo :D) about doing the 3 finger salute on the sat nav, and getting the GPS speed displayed on the nav screen :)
Would someone car to document the un-documented feature for me pretty please
:cool:

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
When on the sat-nav first screen, toggle the large centre dial twice to the right which should put you on to the settings 'Screen 2'. Choose 'Configuration'. You will then see a choice of miles or km.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts