2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

It has been documented here in the forum numerous time regarding the Grand prix front and back need the arches from Type R or S.

BUT, just a thought, is it possible to fit the Si arches or any other models with the Grand prix kit? so to avoid the high cost and the gap at the passenger doors?

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Si arches are designed to form into the si bumpers and splitters, I beleive you will get a 'slight' mismatch on the slitters with the gp kit. Although, it won't be much (just the slight flaring that type r & gp has.

If I can find some upclose photos to explain this I will and report back.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Heres what I mean.

The Si Splitters do not 'Flare' out to match the splitters on the GP kit.

See attached hope this helps, very good question though.

Attachments

Reactions: siakol

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Thanks for that K-os. It was just a thought, pity it would have been a nice solution.
Quite a timely post really as was only the other week I was posting up info on these splitters. :)

Afraid my conversion will have to be later this year as clutch & remap first on the list now.

·
I-Vtec... Do you?
1,731 Posts
It's going to take someone or try to fit and then see if a moulding could be made as an adaption? Mabie Total K os we could swap our bumpers round to try it just as experiment one day wouldn't take long 2 of us take bumpers off and on I'm booking a week off work in a month or so that's when I'm going to be free next ok
Talk to you Monday

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
It'd look stupid having the wrong arches & skirts for the bumpers...
No offense meant to anyone lads, just saying it how it is :p haha

Just spend a bit more and get a second hand set on here :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
I may just save up get some Si splitters tbh. I quite like the look of them

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
Yes :)

Reactions: siakol
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.