2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Veedub
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for vinyl graphics for my door sills on my Gen 10 Civic Sport ➕. I have attached a photo of the ones I got from here on my 2015 SR along with the SR graphic I would like to get for my current sport+. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,499 Posts
I am looking for vinyl graphics for my door sills on my Gen 10 Civic Sport ➕. I have attached a photo of the ones I got from here on my 2015 SR along with the SR graphic I would like to get for my current sport+. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Hey Buddy.

I've not created any 10G specific graphics yet, but with some help on sizes I am sure we can cover almost any needs.

For sill protection I do have a 9G design, which I am sure will fit nicely, but we can check sizes and go from there.

This style attached were cut in brushed look vinyl, but can be cut in almost any vinyl colour. Carbon look might be nice on white.
We can vary the design to, instead of having the CIVIC cut out from the vinyl, we could lay another vinyl layer on top.

The rear badge should be easy, againg I have the TYPE design and can add an SR in the font style you'd like behind it.

Chat soon.

Ian Contessa

·
Veedub
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's just what I had on my my 9th Gen. The 10th gen is in the garage getting some warranty stuff done so I can't measure up atm. I also put on here I'm wanting a tailgate badge. I have put a photo of the idea also on the wanted page if you can give me an idea. Car colour is white orchid. thanks

·
Veedub
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Buddy.

I've not created any 10G specific graphics yet, but with some help on sizes I am sure we can cover almost any needs.

For sill protection I do have a 9G design, which I am sure will fit nicely, but we can check sizes and go from there. View attachment 311404
This style attached were cut in brushed look vinyl, but can be cut in almost any vinyl colour. Carbon look might be nice on white.
We can vary the design to, instead of having the CIVIC cut out from the vinyl, we could lay another vinyl layer on top.

The rear badge should be easy, againg I have the TYPE design and can add an SR in the font style you'd like behind it.

Chat soon.

Ian Contessa
Hi Ian Have you had chance to look at my ideas??

·
Premium Member
2,499 Posts
Hi Ian Have you had chance to look at my ideas??
Evening Mate.

Sorry, been busy as usual.

Just knocked this up using the sill decal TYPE S design and adding in the R from the TypeR's one, size is 180 X 28mm.

Might increase the border aorund the R just 0.5mm to make it match the S that bit better........ changed.

So this can go on the back and I can also pop it on the sill decals, or provide them for you to stick on the sills once the protection pieces have been installed.

Ian Contessa

·
Veedub
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Evening Mate.

Sorry, been busy as usual.

Just knocked this up using the sill decal TYPE S design and adding in the R from the TypeR's one, size is 180 X 28mm.

View attachment 311422

Might increase the border aorund the R just 0.5mm to make it match the S that bit better........ changed.

So this can go on the back and I can also pop it on the sill decals, or provide them for you to stick on the sills once the protection pieces have been installed.

Ian Contessa
Sorry buddy, I think we have crossed wires. I sent you a photo of my old 9th Gen SR. What I now want is Sport + on my tailgate. I like the Black & Silver idea, not sure about the red. The size height for the tailgate about the same size as the Civic logo on the left side of the tailgate. If you can do the sills in Sport + that's a bonus to me, if not just Civic. will be ok. Hope to hear soon, once again I apologise if there's been confusion. Thanks

·
Veedub
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The top one I like. Can I have the door sills all as civic not Sports + Do you need anything else one are we good to go

·
Premium Member
2,499 Posts
Evening Mate.

Great, I must admit I did like the look of it myself to. If you don't want the + in red we can do another colour. The shadow will be silver, or other up to you.

The door step protectors no problem, we can stick to the CIVIC style and these can be in the colour of your choice, such as the brushed metal look, or carbon fibre look on the white body colour would be cool to.

Yeah I think we're all set, call the Sport+ £6 and the set of 4 door step protectors £22 including postage in the UK.

Ian Contessa

·
Veedub
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice one, colour for door sills same as my original photos or as per the blue civic you showed, I like that brushed met silver, it looks professional. The with on the Gen 10 door sills is 6.5cm length for the front is about 50cm and the rearabout 27cm. Pm me details for payment

·
Veedub
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Evening Mate.

Great, I must admit I did like the look of it myself to. If you don't want the + in red we can do another colour. The shadow will be silver, or other up to you.

The door step protectors no problem, we can stick to the CIVIC style and these can be in the colour of your choice, such as the brushed metal look, or carbon fibre look on the white body colour would be cool to.

Yeah I think we're all set, call the Sport+ £6 and the set of 4 door step protectors £22 including postage in the UK.

Ian Contessa
Hi Ian graphics received today, looking good. Too wet to put the stuff on just yet. Just wondering what else you can do for the 10th Gen. I looked at Ali Express but the delivery time is up to a month.

·
Premium Member
2,499 Posts
Hi Ian graphics received today, looking good. Too wet to put the stuff on just yet. Just wondering what else you can do for the 10th Gen. I looked at Ali Express but the delivery time is up to a month.
Hey Buddy.

Brilliant, glad you got them all ok.

Yeah, best to wait for a better day to avoid running the risk of problems with fitting. Of course we can deal with individual replacements if the worst does happen, but always best to avoid additonal costs.

Keep us posted.

As yet I don't have any other 10G designs, but I am open to creating them around other work, to keep that machine in use. Let me know what you're thinking of and I'll see how we can try and make it work.

Ian Contessa

·
Veedub
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
All based around the 10th Gen. My first thought is the carbon look brakelight with Honda or Civic or Type R or Sport on it. My second thought was Carbon look door pillars. there are a lot of shiny dust grabbing areas around the parking brake/gear lever and behind it too!! That's just for starters. I'm on my 7th Civic and have found ideas like those suggested do well in different forums. I have also attached a couple of ideas they do in the USA and China but take readily a month to get hold of. Hope this helps

Attachments

·
Veedub
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well todays a good day to put on some bits........ Door sill vinyl and a very nice Sport + sign on my tailgate all courtesy of Coolice. Thanks Ian, hope to get some more stuff done soon.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,499 Posts
All based around the 10th Gen. My first thought is the carbon look brakelight with Honda or Civic or Type R or Sport on it. My second thought was Carbon look door pillars. there are a lot of shiny dust grabbing areas around the parking brake/gear lever and behind it too!! That's just for starters. I'm on my 7th Civic and have found ideas like those suggested do well in different forums. I have also attached a couple of ideas they do in the USA and China but take readily a month to get hold of. Hope this helps
Morning Mate.

Sorry, I am around just busy with my main work so some replies take longer.

The brake light decal can be done, but I would either need the brake light lense or a decent template made of it to create the vinyl template from. As I don't have a 10G myself I can't get this easily.

For the door pillars, you're probably best to buy a small roll of carbon film from eBay, trim into rectangular sections and try to wrap these yourself. I could, again with a template of the shape, make up specific cut panels. But then it wouldn't be cost effective on this sort of job, so best to stick with wrappinbg yourself here.

Same with the interior parts, I can create templates from parts sent to me. But as with the above, it would be more cost effective to remove them and attempt to wrap them with the left over pieces from the roll of carbon vinyl you purchased for the door pillars.
I'm not trying to avoid work, but just be honest and sau there wouldn't be many people that would pay over the top of what a little time spent by them can achieve if you get what I mean.

With the vinyl badge inserts, while i used to get invovled with the 3D/resin domed badges I don't anymore as they were a PITA without the right equipment to avoid air bubbles in the resin and dust during the curing stage.
However and most liekly cheaper, you can get them;

I have considered buying these in to sell on, making a small profit on each one. But just haven't done so, concentrating on the custom work.

Ian Contessa

1 - 19 of 19 Posts