2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Down and Dirty
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[smilie=grayball-in:

So it's happened again... last Wednesday a guy thought the road was his, including my side! The result: slight whiplash (me), a shredded left side (my new Civic), loss of driver's license (the guy, he was VERY drunk)... I'm glad I was sitting in my new car, because I don't think the old car (a 2004 Yaris) would've taken the beating as well.

I'm back to work, driving a rental car (an Astra, but ok, better to drive badly than to walk well ;)) and am mooching about because my Civic's still in repair (the insurance sent their evaluation expert, but who knows how long it takes to replace a door and do the paintjob).

My point is (yes, I'm cutting the selfpity blah blah now)... don't drink and drive! I know it's been said a million times, but I can't repeat it often enough. Not only did the guy lose his license, but probably his insurance will pay his and my damage and then reclaim the money from him... he's going to pay a very long time! And it's kind of unfair to the people not drinking that they have to do all the work trying to stay alive and get out of your way when you come sailing around the bend out of control. ;)

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Only way to stop this is: 0% alcohol allowance, there is so little proper info about what constitutes the limit etc. because it's so different person to person... I've seen guys drink 8 pints and be straight as a di but other have a pint and bang they're off.....

Glad you're ok, and the car'll be fixed, I'd say claim for your injuries too, make the bloke pay fully..... I would it's not like he had a heart attack, e got in knowing he was drunk.... I fail to see when people can hardly walk, they somehow think that an internal cmbustion engine is easeir to use than your feet..... dumb...

Tom

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
Sorry to hear of the damage to your car.

Hope your whiplash heals quickly and you get your car back soon.

·
Banned
1,212 Posts
Sorry to hear about that Growler.

At least you are not injured too badly, sorry about the car. Hopefully the drink driver will be of the road for a long long time, and his insurance goes up and up, All drivers that drive when drunk should have a life ban :police::police:.
Then a prison sentance, that will take death machines of the road.

Hope your whip lash goes soon, and you get your car sorted.

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Sorry to hear about that Growler.

At least you are not injured too badly, sorry about the car. Hopefully the drink driver will be of the road for a long long time, and his insurance goes up and up, All drivers that drive when drunk should have a life ban :police::police:.
Then a prison sentance, that will take death machines of the road.

Hope your whip lash goes soon, and you get your car sorted.
Actually his insurance probably won't go up masses, a mate got done for dui, and his insurance barely changed, his first year or so was a few hundred higher but nothing to rave about, he says after the horror stories, you'd think it was gonna be impossible, its really not.....

Tom

·
The Guru
4,207 Posts
In my opinion DUI will continue because at the end of the day people are selfish. Im not conding drink driving in any way (in fact assisting the police with RTCs is a big part of my job).

The most important thing is that your ok

·
Registered
216 Posts
(in fact assisting the police with RTCs is a big part of my job).

The most important thing is that your ok
What do you if you dont mind me asking ?

Sorry to hear what happened Growler, Hope your ok.

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
What do you if you dont mind me asking ?

Sorry to hear what happened Growler, Hope your ok.
He's a trained drunk driving stuntman for recreations of crashes..... ;)

Tom

·
Administrator
19,185 Posts
Really sorry to hear this and hope you get it all sorted soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts