2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello..
NOW , 1 year after i ve had my fn2 , its time to make some notes about the progress of the mods..

all dynos that will be shown , are on a vamag dyno (latest software) , in which a STOCK fn2 produces 207cv

THE N/A progress
:p
this is the setup i prefer , (tried fd2 cams , rrc, 70mm exaust)
cpl style cai
tsx throttle body
ep3 oil pump
tdi header - no cat
STOCK catback exaust
flashpro ef9_tuned
toda a2 cams(but stock compression)
toda valvesprings
this is the dyno
249.8 best.. with the above parts

some conclusions , if i remove the toda a2 cams , but install RRC manifold , fd2 cams , and 63-70mm exaust , power will be at the same levels..
just preffered the stock exaust for noise reduction, the stock manifold than the rrc , for torque , and left the a2 cams to figure out the losses from those , up top (they managed to balance the losses)

i then installed a civic si 06-09 jackson racing kit , woth3.2 pull;ey (0.6 bar at 8800) , with 750cc rc injectors , aem water meth (just water sprayed though) , kept the a2s , and 68mm t/b , along with the ep3 oil pump..
BUT left a stock cat back AGAIN :popcorn:
CAR made 328 at the same dyno , and was better than a k24 ep3 (88 x 99 , 12.5c.r ,bp rods, ips k2 cams , 76mm exaust , kpro , 74mm t/b ,ported rbc) , that made a very rational 300cv there

here is the plot, along with a JRSC ep3 , no a2 cams , BUT 70mm exaust

now JRSC is sold , car is na again , and i have a rotrex kit from tts , waiting to be installed...
i ll keep u posted..

some pics and vids of the car.. :popcorn:

some videos

·
Registered
639 Posts
Welcome to this forum and some impressive results from your car man.
I have the exact same TDI manifold and OEM catback(slightly modified) on my FN2 to keep it quiet at normal driving. It`s not restrictive at all but I`m having a hard time convincing other FN2 drivers.

Glad to have you here on the board as you seem to be knowledgeable when it comes to the FN2 and flashpro mapping in particular. We just had a flashpro section added so I hope you can share a bit of your expertise here on the best way to get the mapping optimal. Other people can learn from that.

Paul.

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Really nice figures but those wheels? Not my cup of tea :D

Other than that great car. You said you tried the FD2 cams... have you old them already?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
OEM catback(slightly modified) on my FN2 to keep it quiet at normal driving. It`s not restrictive at all but I`m having a hard time convincing other FN2 drivers.
hi there.. ;)
didnt believe it myself either.. but had a 70mm invidia... that gave minimal gains... why bother with the noise for 1-3bhp?
it WAS better than the oem , but these gains dont matter to me , since having the stock one has many other advantages (police issues - quiet hughway cruising)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

Other than that great car. You said you tried the FD2 cams... have you old them already?
in my car they were 2-4 cv almost everywhere in the rev range

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
NOT PRETTY , but i have agood reason
17 x 7 , and 6.3 kgs weight..
thats about half the oem wheels.. u cant imagine the TOTAL gain in the cars COMFORT , accelaration , even fuel economy..
stock wheels are great looking , but honda overdid it with the weight(obviously so that they would be strong enough)

·
Registered
639 Posts
Good choice. I`m driving on 17#7.5 ET45 Rota Subzero wheels with Federal SS595RS-r semi slicks now. The Rota`s weigh 6.5 kg each. Every little bit of weight reduction helps in the acceleration department.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I thought subzeros were heavier , about 8 kg ,nice addition then , light , and VERY good looking , nice to know they r so light :facepalm:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
to complete the topic as far as mods..
other things i did and suggest
-ebc red stuff pads , i think its a good upgrade over the stock ones
-camber bolts in front , they DID make a difference
-09 3rd gear set , completely eliminated the ''two step'' 3rd gear crunch-engagement issue
- CW shocks , MAYBE the car is a bit firmer in front , but my old shocks had 70.000km on them , so.. it might be that these are fresh , and the others worn out

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
hi there.. ;)
didnt believe it myself either.. but had a 70mm invidia... that gave minimal gains... why bother with the noise for 1-3bhp?
it WAS better than the oem , but these gains dont matter to me , since having the stock one has many other advantages (police issues - quiet hughway cruising)
Very interesting, shame I left my stock catback at TDI North! Doh!

·
The Property Man
6,060 Posts
I think the stock exhaust is pretty good anwyays :)

Oh i seen this on youtube last week and thought..cool..youve done well my man :)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
update with new parts..

installed
toda a3 cams +toda springs
maxbore 70mm t.b
toda 0.3m headgasket
custom twin exit 63.5=)double 52mm exaust..
js racing fcr brake disks + ebc blue pads

car feels AMAZING , very strong , got 17ps + (and iats were high during the pulls)
some days later stock exaust failed and started making noises and rattles , car lost power , fitted the custom one , havent gone to the dyno yet with the new exaust...
hoping for +(3-5) with the exaust
some pics..

still stock RSP and not rrc btw(loses 7800+ but rsp has better midrange)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
its was a setup like the fn2 , but more agressive..

-76mm injen cai , coated
-70mm t.b
-IB ported rbc manifold
-hondata i.ma gasket
-custom breather setup
-ground kit
-ngk iridium plugs
-0.3mm toda headgasket
-toda a3 cams +toda springs +ti retainers( todas springs wear them fast though)
-milled the head(i advise u not to , i just wanted more c.r with stock block and valves) , milled it till i could barely fit the cam chain cover :police::police:(lame)
-toda copy tensioner(custom)
-custom huge 48-54-70MM COLLECTOR :D header (helped a lot at high rpms , lost some midrange, but top end was the target)
-70mm exaust
-kpro tuned by me , with an insane and unsafe 9200+ rpm limiter(dont do it , i kept it since power wouldnt drop off significantly till 9100+) , and about 8hrs of dyno tuning.
also final gear was a bit wider than stock , to help with traction

here is a vid , EXACT above setup , without the cams (had some dc5 cams then)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts