2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guy,

I recently purchased a book on the Helos Lokos (Sacred Squadron?) unit and am in a bit of bother reading it (didn't realise at the time it was all Greek to me literally!!!).

I wondered if anyone could help me out with roughly what the appendix page says as I'm trying for a nominal roll of member during the period 1939-45, and would love to know if these appendix have them or not.

Here is the page:

Thanks in advance,
Tom :D

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, never occured to me, d'oh!

Tom

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Hey...i'll give it a shot from work tomorrow...
At a first glance the first page refers to the names of the ones that joined
Hieros Lohos (Sacred squadron) [Ιερός Λόχος] in the operations in Tunisia.

And the second and third page refer to the operations,dates,places and what kind of forces were send out.

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brilliant thanks.

All the best,
Tom

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Appendix <<A>>

Name table of officers and linesmen recruited in Hieros Lohos during Tunisia operations

1st - Commanding team

Colonel Tsigantes Chr.,commander Mathaiou Emm.(onboard staff vehicle),lieutenant-colonel Triantafyllakos Tr.,first wingman Makris El.,major Kourkoutis Emm.,first lieutenant Harokopos B.,lieutenant-colonel Fradellos Emm.,sergeant Siapkaras Andr.,captain Marantos B.,first lieutenant Kostoletos D.,lieutenant-colonel Kalinskis Andr.,first lieutenant Klisounis A.,sergeant Karavitis K.,sergeant Dorotheou D.,sergeant Messinezis F.,English radio operatorprivate Kontomihalos El.,English radio operator first wingman Alexandris G.

2nd - I Squad
Captain Dimopoulos P.,martinet Mihos D.,first lieutenant Zaharakis Emm.,second lieutenant Vamvakaris L.,first lieutenant Rigas An.,warrant ofiicer Vorrias G.,warrant ofiicer Korkas K. and Bissias I.,second lieutenant Papadimitriou I.,second lieutenant Ksenofos S. and Papadopoulos K.,first lieutenant Karakostas P.,second lieutenant Dimitriadis A.second lieutenant Nissim I.,ΔΕΑ Lafogiannis A.

3d - II Squad

Captain Kazakopoulos P.,second lieutenant Katsikas A.,first lieutenant Vasilas D.,second lieutenant Kontogiannis D.,second lieutenant Aglamisis I. and Kallamidas E.,second lieutenant Kalamaras A.,first lieutenant Tsoumpris P.,second lieutenant Sakellariou M.,ΔΕΑ Zotos P.,first lieutenant Kaliakmanis I.,second lieutenant Zannis El.,first lieutenant Kesaris N.,ΔΕΑ Psaltis

This is the first page sorry for "ΔΕΑ" but i don't know what those initials mean.
If any fellow Greek mate does,please edit.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Appendix <<B>>

Table of Hieros Lohos operations

A' Tunisia operations : Took place from 15/2/43 till 17/4/43
B' Leros-Samos operations : Carried out between 31/10/43 and 19/11/43
C' Aegean operations : Generaly took place from 7/2/44 till 9/5/45

The Aegean operations analytically were carried out in timely order as follows:

1 reconnaissance patrols dispatch

-Under the I department of the A squadron were send out 31 reconnaissance patrols.
-Under the I department of the A squadron were carried out 9 patrol boats.
-Under the II department of the A squadron were send out 80 reconnaissance patrols.
-Under the III department of the A squadron were send out 77 reconnaissance patrols.
-The second squadron sent out in total 10 reconnaissance patrols.

207 reconnaissance patrols in total.

2 Special forces

a. Under the I department of the A squadron were carried out the following raid attacks:

PSARRA in 29/3/44 LAGKADAS HIOS in 19/6/44
MYTELENE >> 3/4/44 GERAS MYTELENE >> 21/6/44
AMORGOS - IOS >> 27/4/44 HALKIS >> 22/3/45
PAROS >> 9/5/44 NOTI RHODES >> 02/5/45
SAMOS >> 15/5/44 VOUNARAS RHODES >> 2/5/45
HIOS >> 26/5/44 ALIMNIAS >> 2/5/45

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
b. Under the II department of the A squadron :

KALYMNOS in 1/7/44 GERAS MYTELENE in 7/8/44
SIMI >> 14/7/44 EPISKOPI >> 17/8/44

c. Under the III department of the A squadron :

KARPATHOS in 24/8/44 MYKONOS in 28/9/44
THYRA >> 28/8/44 SAMOS >> 13/9/44
KOS >> 7/9/44

d. Under B squadron :

MILOS in 5/12/44 MILOS in 4/5/45
MILOS >> 22/12/44 CHIMARASSI RHODES >> 2/5/45
MILOS >> 10/4/45 STELI RHODES >> 2/5/45

Raids in total 27

3 Operations

Carried out by mixed departments of Hieros Lohos the following operations:

-Under the I and II dept. of the A Squadron and Commanding Squadron in LIMNOS in 16/10/44
-Under the II dept. of the A Squadron and Commanding Squadron in NAXOS in 15/10/44
-Under the II dept. of the A Squadron and Commanding Squadron in MILOS in 26/10/44
-Under the II dept. of the A Squadron and Commanding Squadron in EPISKOPI in 28/10/44
-Under the II dept. of the A Squadron and Squad of B Squadron in NISYROS in 12/2/45
-Under the II and III dept. of the A Squadron,Squad of B Squadron and Commanding Squadron in EPISKOPI in 1/3/45

Operations in total 6

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You are an absolute star mate, thanks so much.

Tom :)

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is the book I bought ages ago without realising it was all greek [the writing on the cover should have given it away really]:

Tom

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The picturec was very bad :oops: Damn ebay ;) Plus it was covered in badges in the photo's.

Tom

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This was the other reason I bought the book, I had just obtained this almost unnobtainable badge (I know of only a couple of other examples, maybe 5 give or take), and hoped I may find some reference to it (the one shown at the top of this post is a copy I found online).

Tom

1 - 14 of 14 Posts