2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
terrible, they cracked and dropped to bits, yellow are a bit better, much better options out there than green stuff including stock.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
terrible, they cracked and dropped to bits, yellow are a bit better, much better options out there than green stuff including stock.
They're really that bad? And will yellow stuff do the same? What would you recommend for a decent price? Don't want to pay too much

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Regardless of cracking they are just *****.

Red or yellow are good, I'm liking the stoptechs at the moment.

Rich

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
They're really that bad? And will yellow stuff do the same? What would you recommend for a decent price? Don't want to pay too much
when i replace mine i will go mintex m1144, (if available for the fn2) or ferodo ds2500, quite pricey compared to some. basic mintex might be fine but really it depends on your driving habits.

im sure others will have different preferences and will chime in soon

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
ive driven a car with yellow and when cold the squealed like a pig, red ive heard are better for street use. but i wouldnt have them after the green, just lost faith in the brand

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
when i replace mine i will go mintex m1144, (if available for the fn2) or ferodo ds2500, quite pricey compared to some. basic mintex might be fine but really it depends on your driving habits.

im sure others will have different preferences and will chime in soon
I think I have basic mintex pads on now if I remember right. I have the 2.2 diesel

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
we have mintex on our 2.2 accord tourer, it doesnt get ragged about and they are fine. my R gets punished a bit more and cheaper pads suffer fade when hot so thats why i go for the m1144

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The mintex on my 2.2 civic fade far too much, too quickly, what's decent for breaking force and better with heat, at a low budget

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
6,223 Posts
Greens should be renamed "Cabbagestuff". Absolute pants.

Reds are a little better, minimal dust, but Yellows are spot on. Excellent cold bite and get better the hotter they get. Loads of forum members use them. Mine never squealed, and I did several track days with them.

DS2500s are overpriced and have very poor cold bite, imo.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Greens should be renamed "Cabbagestuff". Absolute pants.

Reds are a little better, minimal dust, but Yellows are spot on. Excellent cold bite and get better the hotter they get. Loads of forum members use them. Mine never squealed, and I did several track days with them.

DS2500s are overpriced and have very poor cold bite, imo.
So yellow stuff is the best?

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
As said Ferodo's are expensive and personally I didn't rate them, I think I paid £40 ish for the stoptechs from ABP, although they may have been on offer.

Drop them a message.

Rich

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
As said Ferodo's are expensive and personally I didn't rate them, I think I paid £40 ish for the stoptechs from ABP, although they may have been on offer.

Drop them a message.

Rich
That must of been on a offer and a good one at that. I paid £75 from tegiwa

1 - 20 of 41 Posts