2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everybody, I've been browsing this forum for the last couple of weeks as I was looking at CTR's - I'm happy to say I am now the proud owner of a Milano Red FN2, which I collected last Saturday! I couldn't of done it without all the tips etc on this site, so thanks.

I had a Civic 2.2 SI which was a company car for 14 months before I picked up the CTR and loved that so i have been a Civic owner for a it now, but the CTR is just different - people can't understand the purchase, the fuel, the tax, the insurance. That's because they've never driven her.

Don't get me wrong, 50MPG is great, but you just can't replicate that feeling of putting your foot down in the CTR. It's magical. The only thing the FN2 is missing for me is USB connectivity.

I've had a look at the serial no. page and it doesn't look like mine was owned by anyone on civicinfo, but it's in fantastic condition for an 07 plate!

Couple of questions whilst I'm on -
Are the red LED's in the footwell stock?
I seem to have 'Trafficmaster' installed, has a little button below and to the right of the steering wheel. Anyone care to explain what this does, I've googled it and can't find anything with a proper explanation! This is not stock is it?

Finally, is there many on here in Leicester/Loughborough? There's an 09 Milano about a mile from me which I drive past regularly?

Thanks guys, look forward to contributing a lot more to this great forum! Maybe post some pics later!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Howdy and welcome, enjoy your ctr

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Hi, great purchase, you'll love it, just find yourself at the the petrol station twice as often, lol... I have an 08 GT no footwell lights, they were definitely an option, as for the trafficmaster, that's not something I heard of on the FN2l so am presuming its something installed by the previous owner, possibly one of those more sophisticated speed camera sensors/blockers, I think I've heard the name before...

For now, just enjoy! Any mods planned?

·
ivtec just kicked out,YO!
1,007 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Couple of pics above, is in great nic, paintwork still reflective after 5 years, can't see any swirls. See below for a pic of the trafficmaster button..

I did hold the button and it rang and somebody answered but I panicked and put the phone down haha! Will try again at some point and get them to explain how it works I guess!

As for mods, nothing planned as yet but I've heard about this forum haha, any recommendations, don't wanna do anything too drastic, any 'must haves'?

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Haha, giggled at the fact you panicked and put the phone down... :D

·
JPP
1,555 Posts
Hello and welcome matey...

·
Jedi Knight
610 Posts
Evening Rory hope u enjoy the car

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi again guys, so I've given her a proper clean today and here are the results. Very pleased!

I used the two bucket method, two grit guards. All my stuff is Meguiars, used Gold Class shampoo, lambswool mitt, alloy wheel brush and a water magnet towel.

One negative though and that's that I noticed I have smashed my drivers side front fog light. Must have been a stone from the road or something, this is common I hear? Funny really, as I had a civic si company car and did 40k in that and never smashed my fog! Anyone point me in the direction of a cheap replacement and instructions? I've had a look but can't find anything any good!

Cheers.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts