2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Best wishes to everyone!

I've just ordered a Type-R, which should be delivered somewhere around March:D.

I currently own a Civic 1.7 CTDI (this one had a 1st and 5th gear synchro issue, replaced under warrenty)with only 43000km on the clock. But we don't get along, at all.

I've been reading here a lot the past few days, having developed somewhat of a fear of having made a very very bad purchase:(.

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Hi and Welcome,

No, you have not made a bad purchase.

Sure, some Civics have problems, but it is the same with any other car. Merc, Volvo, Ford etc etc.

Some are lucky, some not.
With all new cars, not just Civics.

I am very happy with mine and so are several other members, the thing with forums is that mostly problems are published and also people with problems are often the ones who go looking for a forum.

Have a look at the surveys.
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/survey.php

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi and Welcome,

No, you have not made a bad purchase.

Sure, some Civics have problems, but it is the same with any other car. Merc, Volvo, Ford etc etc.

Some are lucky, some not.
With all new cars, not just Civics.
I guess you have a good point there. Early adoptors are often punished with the imperfections of a new product. This time, I'll be armed with lots of information from this great site:D.

I hope many issues will be solved by the time Honda delivers mine. I'm selling my 'old' one because all the rattling drives me mad!

·
Strong in me The Force is
765 Posts
Don't believe everything they say around here, especialy the bad comments. They're mostly from honda-haters, often paid by other car manufacturers. :)
By the way, all civics coming to Belgium are never built on mondays or fridays, only on tuesday, wednesday and thursday mornings, when workers are most concentrated. Then they are manually selected and they also get an extra quality check in a separate workplace, and afterwards they are finished by hand by Japanese engineers.
So don't worry, you'll be fine. :)

K.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts