2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've found this site because out gas prices here are begining to get rediculouse. right now im paying $1.20 a L and its just going up from there... and i know that thats not a lot compaired to what you guys are paying... but it is for me considering that a few short years ago i was only paying $0.70 a L...

here is my car, a 06 civic Si... Habinaro red perl.(i little differant then the ones you guys have)

and a good winter shot for good mesure

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am looking into a diesel version of the ctr type R that i here is coming out. and importing it to Canada, can anyone help me out? and give me some links to start me off?

Rumors are that its going to be a fairly powerful motor(200hp-300ft-torque). and since i get diesel for free at work, that makes the costs of importing a car all that more tolerable.

thank you.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you. is there going to be a type D R???

or is performance in a civic more or less just a myth in europe.

what i would be looking for is a diesle with some power. all we have here are VW's which are compleat crap, they need new pumps after 100k mi. and the turbos need contstant replacing aswell as the glow plugs and harnesses. plus they discontinued the diesle here in northamarica due to not being able to pass emissions.

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
I've found this site because out gas prices here are begining to get rediculouse. right now im paying $1.20 a L and its just going up from there... and i know that thats not a lot compaired to what you guys are paying... but it is for me considering that a few short years ago i was only paying $0.70 a L...

here is my car, a 06 civic Si... Habinaro red perl.(i little differant then the ones you guys have)

and a good winter shot for good mesure
Hey Buddy! I am a fellow Canadian-Greek (born and raised in CDA) Ottawa. You might wanna try Honda (UK) To begin...... the Type-R is considered a performance sports car, and is in 2 racing categories. I dought it very much that they would produce it in diesel
, But like FWH mentioned..... Why not get the 2.2 diesel model and juice up the engine and costumize it as you please. Also you might wanna do a Google search and type (R :rolleyes:) in "TYPE-R DIESEL"

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmmm. thats a good starting point... i might just try and buy a accord 2.2 diesel motor, and try to tune it. the problem is that in north amarica you cant get pople to tune what doesnt exist, so i would have to try to get a uk based company tune the motor for me or like everything elve i have ever done just lern to do it myself... this always happens to me, i want something that doesnt exist and i have to make it... then once im done someone comes out with the product... sorry, nevermind...

the type R is based on the NA honda FIT right?, perhaps i could get one a few years old for cheap and sell off all none esential parts and get a motor and take it from there... it would be alot easyer if honda would just release a type R-D ;)

say dose anyone know what a 2.2L used none blown up honda diesle costs?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts