2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, great forum.

Just got a GT with all the latest mod cons fitted......much prefer it to the Renault 225. Lots of useful stuff here so I reckon I'll be a regular visitor......

·
You're or your..........
2,782 Posts
Hey guys, great forum.

Just got a GT with all the latest mod cons fitted......much prefer it to the Renault 225. Lots of useful stuff here so I reckon I'll be a regular visitor......
:wavey:

good choice ;)

whats the 225 like ? never driven one but when i seen it in the adverts with the 0% finance i kinda liked it :oops:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Megane 225

The renault is much more focussed and with the LSD will whip the Type R everytime in terms of performance and handling. That said, it depreciates like a stone (bought mine for £17k and 2 years later got £6k) and has many niggly faults.

Still liked the Renault and probably would have replaced with the R26, had the Midlands dealers been bothered to sell me one. Service back up here in the Midlands for the Renault is rubbish, don't know about the Honda yet.

Still happier with the Honda. A much better quality car with loads more toys. Yeah!

·
You're or your..........
2,782 Posts
get the quaiffe LSD on your R and Hondata ECU then you will have the handling, performance and toys ;)

11 k depreciation in 2 years? thats pretty bad :eek:

·
Administrator
19,178 Posts
Welcome to The Land of All things Civic. Have you posted some pics of your GT?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lsd

Haven't got any pics yet, will sort that out in due course.

Quick question, what will the LSD and ECU cost me? The kick of the vtec is growing on me but still lacks the punch of a turb........

·
You're or your..........
2,782 Posts
http://www.abpmotorsport.co.uk/abp-homepage

give these a ring - they are also on this forum
bout 600 + VAT for the LSD,
same for the ECU
and then fitting
someone i know has the ECU and it drives so much better, VTEC kicks in earlier under full throttle.
but when i asked my ins company they said 900 on top but thats 'cos im young so i did this to them :thefinger:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts