2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well took the plunge today and my new 1.8 i-vtec Sport (no Es, EX, or any other abbrieviation models in Finland) in Milano red will be delivered in only 2 weeks! Yipee!, Oh yeah, hello all!

·
Administrator
19,178 Posts
Welcome to the place!

2 weeks that's not long at all - it will feel it, though:)

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all. Yes in Finland there are three versions: Comfort, Sport, and Executive. The executive ia around €4100 more than the Sport though!

And yes, I have a Welsh flag because that is where I am from, but have been living here in Finland for 11 years now. Great that someone noticed though! How has the civic been in the Swedish winter?

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Thanks all. Yes in Finland there are three versions: Comfort, Sport, and Executive. The executive ia around €4100 more than the Sport though!

And yes, I have a Welsh flag because that is where I am from, but have been living here in Finland for 11 years now. Great that someone noticed though! How has the civic been in the Swedish winter?
It was fine in the winter.
My winter tyres (Pirelli) were not the best though.
Need some Hakkas..

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, I have some 205/55/16 Hakkapelitta 5 studded from my Alfa. They were brand new last year with alloys, so I hope they will fit the Honda, as the dealer wanted over €1200 for a set of winter tyres! Rip off or what!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Yes, I have some 205/55/16 Hakkapelitta 5 studded from my Alfa. They were brand new last year with alloys, so I hope they will fit the Honda, as the dealer wanted over €1200 for a set of winter tyres! Rip off or what!
More than twice the normal cost if you ask me. Your tyres will fit; I got 205/55-16 winter studless conti on mine.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Two weeks will seem like a lifetime.... I couldn't sleep the night before I picked up mine:)

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The costs they "explained" was that the wheels would be "original" Honda. Hmmm...

I know the size of my studded tyres will be ok, but was concerned whether the actual alloys will fit. Really know nothing of the "science" of wheel sizing, but they have five bolts and fit my Alfa 156. Well if they don't I can sell them and save up before the winter comes again. We shouldn't see snow here in the south until at least October. :D

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Alloys

But... you do not want original Honda wheels.

You want alloys with special coating to withstand the salt better.
Yeah, well the 16" AWS that I bought last winter seem to have fared very well, no signs of corrosion at all. Also, in Finland it seems that very little salt is used on the roads.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
I got some 3rd party allows from my dealer for the winter tyres.. Ace or something I beleive they where called. Seem to have withstanded the winter here in Gothenburg very well though. As for the tyres, I went for unstudded winter tyres, and all I can say is that the VSA has probably saved me from spinning out of control more times than i can count. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got some 3rd party allows from my dealer for the winter tyres.. Ace or something I beleive they where called. Seem to have withstanded the winter here in Gothenburg very well though. As for the tyres, I went for unstudded winter tyres, and all I can say is that the VSA has probably saved me from spinning out of control more times than i can count. :rolleyes:
I don't like unstudded winter tyres, especially as, here in the south, we have a lot of solid ice on the roads more than snow at the beginning and end of the winter. Still need to be careful with studs though. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts