2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all from the Isle of Man.

I am a relatively new owner of a 2007 Type-R Civic and am lovin it!! :p Although it does have a couple of issues that could be better, overall this car is so much fun its untrue.

Glad to find this site as there are a few bits and bobs that I could do with knowing about, but Im sure with a bit of searching across the forums I shall find out what i need.

Hope to speak to you soon

Gavin

·
Administrator
19,185 Posts
Welcome to Civinfo :D

What a great car you have and even more so on the Isle of Man where you can really open it up on the mountain road :D

Do take a look around the place and you may find some answers to your problems?

Is there a Honda dealer on the island?

·
TYPE R GT (R-15016)
2,224 Posts
Hi and welcome

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
welcome to the madness

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to Civinfo :D

What a great car you have and even more so on the Isle of Man where you can really open it up on the mountain road :D

Do take a look around the place and you may find some answers to your problems?

Is there a Honda dealer on the island?
Hi there

I have already found answers to one of my problems, so am well chuffed about that :D

We have a Honda main agent on the Island and I have to say there have been a few ups and downs with them regarding a persistant rattle from the rear of the car and that they have damaged the interior roof whilst trying to repair it!
However I spoke to the service manager after the third time it went back, explained in graphic detail exactly what my point of view and mood was :mad: and god love him, he not only fixed it himself (It had nothing to do with the roof at all, it was the seat) he also replaced the interior roof for me at the same time!!

Hopefully I wont have to see him for a while, even tho he is a very nice man!! ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello Gavin. You are very lucky to have some great roads to drive your CTR on. The TT course for one :D. Was it on the IOM that the CTR was launched or tested or something??

Im not sure if it was launched over here, but they have certainly done some road testing on the Mountain Circuit with closed roads. Surpisingly enough, I have done some road testing all of my own ;). I just have to remember that when I bring it to the UK that the M6 has speed limits!!

During TT fortnight they make the mountain road one way, so providing you keep an eye out for some guy on an R1 or Blade hanging it past you at 180mph you can have some real fun in the knowledge that you arent ever going to get caught speeding and you arent gonna meet anything coming the other way either! Happy days!![smilie=tongue.gif]

·
Registered
10,247 Posts
Hello & Welcome to the forum!

You'll find plenty of information on here and in the Wiki section too.

Ask any questions you like, we are a friendly bunch and here to help!

Post some pictures of your car when you get the chance.

Enjoy!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts