2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all you lovely people!

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

I have only ever driven Fords. I leaned to drive in a Focus and have owned a Fiesta 1.4 and then a Fiesta 1.6 Diesel.

This afternoon, I put a deposit down on a Civic 2006 2.2 ES and I feel like a kid at Christmas! It's in Silver and done 46k miles.

I've been driving small engined cars so I'm quite excited to see how much power/torque this 2.2 beast has!

What kind of fuel economy do you guys currently get on the diesel?

I have no idea about how much servicing costs are, but I read somewhere on here (whilst lurking!) about buying the parts yourself and getting a local garage to fit them. Is that the best way to get the job done?

Really looking forward to getting involved here and being an active part of the community!

Yay!!:D

·
Registered
815 Posts
Welcome

Greetings,
Dark Flemish

Reactions: mustaine8661

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
JPP
1,555 Posts
Welcome matey....

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Finally got the car!

So, drove the 6 hours to get the car yesterday and so far its been surreal!

Can't quite believe how powerful it is! Very roomy and looks the business.

Downsides are that the steering feels REALLY heavy compared to the Fiesta, and the driver-side wing mirror doesn't fold in with the passenger one. However I'm assuming that this is the dealers responsibility to fix under warranty and the 30 day "happiness guarantee"?

When going through the paperwork, the dealer showed me the latest MOT, and the advisories were "OSR brake slight bind" and " Under-tray fitted obscuring some underside components"

I'd seen someone else here post about the under-tray and that doesn't worry me at all. However, what does the brake thing mean? Dealer said that it was because the car had had new brakes last month, but because they were waiting for the reg docs back from the DVLA, the car hadn't moved or been driven between having the brakes fitted and the MOT (so about 3 weeks) and I was told it'll clear up once the cars been driven and the brakes used.

Is that true??

1 - 18 of 18 Posts