2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I've been reading the posts on this site for quite a while and have been dying to get a Civic for about a year now. The opportunity finally arose to buy one when I barrel rolled my beloved Megane into a field the other week! So, I felt I should bite the bullet and buy a brand spanking new 1.8 Type S GT in Alabaster Silver from those nice people at Lincoln Honda!! They tell me I'll be able to pick it up this coming Monday, which is a pretty quick turn around given I only ordered it a few days ago. I've been impressed with their service so far, and have got a pretty good price by playing them off against drive the deal.com. Until then however, I'm stuck driving a Ford Ka courtesy car, truly the most uncomfortable car on earth (maybe except for the micra!).

Great looking site by the way, I think it'll come in pretty handy once I get my silver bullet!

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Everlong, welcome.

My only advice would be to make sure you had a decent drive in both the 1.8 and the 2.2. Then decide! The petrol really suits some, and the diesel really suits others.

And welcome to the forum - hope it's useful. :)

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Civic

Hello Everlong,
Welcome to the forum,you picked the best colour.:)

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
Hi everlong welcome lincs mate try the 2,2 its fanstic only 1 thing away from prefect and thats the noise of the 1,8 is better but i might get after market exhaust for that, but apart from that 50s mpg, its as fast as 1,8 and better for overtaking etc mite be bit dearer to buy but well worth it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks a lot guys. Haven't actually driven the 2.2. My budget is pretty tight and am in dire need of a car asap since my crash! Also thought I couldn't merit a diesel as I don't do that many miles. Loved the feel of the 1.8 and can't wait to get my hands on it!! Whether the petrol or diesel though, it's a huge step up from my megane!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts