2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

First post here, just to introduce myself.
David, french, I currently have a Mini Cooper (sold tomorrow) :

I will have my New Civic at the end of the month or beginning of October (ordered mid May).

It is a black i-CTDi Sport Navi Civic.

I was looking for a larger car (not easy to fit pairs of skis in a Mini), and diesel. But, I wanted something that would still be fun to drive (not as much as the Mini, but well), and I found that in the Civic.

I have tryed :
- Renault mégane : good car, especially with new diesel engine, but no fun.
- Peugeot 307 : too high, no fun
- Alfa 147 : not large enough inside. Fun, good engine.
- BMW 1 : very good handling, not very large inside.
- A3 : bad engine, bad handling on dry road, especially with Quattro, no fun.

The best compromize to me was the Civic. For my test drive, I fould :
- Nice engine
- good mileage
- high price, but good equipment
- good handling, may be to heavy ion tight curves
- good suspension confort (much better than the mini :roll: )

Just the inside is realy bad. Design is great, but damn, quality is worse than a Megane :(

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Welcome Ddd, that some interior on that Mini, can you buy them like that? Or did something happen in there?

I hope you will enjoy the Civic, the interior is not that bad once you get used to it. Besides your too busy having fun to look at the interior. The diesel is a great engine, plenty if pull and it flies even on the motorway in 6th its got plenty of get up and go to get you where you need to be. I no longer wait for those slow coaches in the outside lane to catch me for a clear space behind them, I put my foot down and go.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Good name! :lol:

welcome aboard fella :D

Don't know about when compared to a Mini, but the Civic does do twisty stuff very well! :twisted: :D

·
Registered
226 Posts
Welcome to the site.

Considering all of the cars you looked at, you picked the best, but the colour is way too common :lol:

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Welcome! The civic turns tighter than a mini you know, well not quite ;)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Welcome DarkDouDou - that's quite a long wait, but it'll be worth it and you'll have it'll be here quicker than you think !!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
richierich said:
Welcome Ddd, that some interior on that Mini, can you buy them like that? Or did something happen in there?

I hope you will enjoy the Civic, the interior is not that bad once you get used to it. Besides your too busy having fun to look at the interior. The diesel is a great engine, plenty if pull and it flies even on the motorway in 6th its got plenty of get up and go to get you where you need to be. I no longer wait for those slow coaches in the outside lane to catch me for a clear space behind them, I put my foot down and go.
Yes, it came like this. I have made a few modifications (very few) on the exterior of the car, but have not touched anything inside ;)

I just sold it. I kind of miss it...

BTW : yeahh, I know, my name "DarkDoudou" is quite funny in english. Just know that in some ex "french colnies", Doudou means honey.

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Its similar in English... :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts