2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right so am leaning away from installing a denison as I'd have to remove panels, which I'd rather not do as my car is a company car.

Been doing plenty of searching, and as much as I dislike fm transmitters, I found this new one from Griffin......

Griffin Technology: RoadTrip with SmartScan

The main thing I like is the way the power cable is actully like a flexible stand, which will act as a 'dock' (btw I've an ipod touch).
Won't be getting great sound quality but seeing as taking apart the dash is off the cards I'll go for this.

I emailed Griffin and asked when it would be out in Europe, they said hopefully sometime this month. I could get it straight from them in the US but their FM frequencies are slightly off ours (88.1 - 107.?).

I'll post back when I do get it and let you all know how it goes.......and if anyoe else gets one before me, let me know how it is :)

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Right so am leaning away from installing a denison as I'd have to remove panels, which I'd rather not do as my car is a company car.

Been doing plenty of searching, and as much as I dislike fm transmitters, I found this new one from Griffin......

Griffin Technology: RoadTrip with SmartScan

The main thing I like is the way the power cable is actully like a flexible stand, which will act as a 'dock' (btw I've an ipod touch).
Won't be getting great sound quality but seeing as taking apart the dash is off the cards I'll go for this.

I emailed Griffin and asked when it would be out in Europe, they said hopefully sometime this month. I could get it straight from them in the US but their FM frequencies are slightly off ours (88.1 - 107.?).

I'll post back when I do get it and let you all know how it goes.......and if anyoe else gets one before me, let me know how it is :)
Belkin has one similar which is called Belkin Tunebase with Clearscan. There is one seller from US selling it on ebay for £40 (incl delivery). But I have also seen it in UK Apple Store for nearly twice the price.

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
Look like a nice product... but does it work with other MP3 players ?

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
Shame... I maybe shall buy one I-pod first ;-)

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
Not sure this is the same model but due to a fantastic price of less than a fiver I sent off for one. Works fine, with the extension socket it can be laid across the central slidy bit over the front cupholders but upside down, in a sense. The quality is certainly not up to what a connects2 would provide, but for a fiver and postage of 2 quid it means I do not have to remove my dash and I can play my iPod on the rare occasions I want to, even watch a movie with the soundtrack through the car stereo while parked and waiting for the Mrs to do the shopping ;)

GRIFFIN ROADTRIP ALL IN 1 IPOD CHARGER + FM*::*iPOD - iPhone Acc*::*iPOD-iPhone/MP3/4+Acc*::*UKDVDR.co.uk

·
TYPE R GT (R-15016)
2,224 Posts
I bought one for £10 of ebay last week...............not fantastic but passible

·
Registered
79 Posts
be weary of products made by Griffin..i work in a store where we sell a big selection of griffin transmitters, problems they have is that when you slide it into the cig lighter, pulling it out pulls the whole cig lighter mechanism with it. i had one which actually broke into the cig lighter so its useless. gona pop down to honda see if they can pull the bit out

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
be weary of products made by Griffin..i work in a store where we sell a big selection of griffin transmitters, problems they have is that when you slide it into the cig lighter, pulling it out pulls the whole cig lighter mechanism with it. i had one which actually broke into the cig lighter so its useless. gona pop down to honda see if they can pull the bit out
Yes, I noticed it was a tight fit and always hold the edge of the lighter socket as I remove the RoadTrip. Good point.

·
Bournemouth Belle
900 Posts
Hi all,

I have just bought the smartscan itrip (from a site called datakits) as I am not technically minded so dennison link etc are 'out' for me and I've got fed up playing CDs. I have got a video ipod and was wondering if there is a way I can actually play videos in the car thru it?

TBH I'm expecting the answer to be no....

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
My Belkin did that on my old car - the spring fell into the hole, touched the live parts and promptly melted taking the fuse with it!

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Hi all,

I have just bought the smartscan itrip (from a site called datakits) as I am not technically minded so dennison link etc are 'out' for me and I've got fed up playing CDs. I have got a video ipod and was wondering if there is a way I can actually play videos in the car thru it?

TBH I'm expecting the answer to be no....
Do you mean transmitting them through the itrip to the satnav screen?

If so, the answer is no.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts