2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had my FN2 a month now and I still can't decide whether to get the stickers on the rear quarter and grill.

What do you guys think, I think the Type R looks too much like the Type S without them on.

Does the badge need the bumper taking off to fit or can you just remove the plastic cover above the grill?

·
Love Mi-VTEC!
563 Posts
I've had mine for about a month now too.
Mine doesn't have the grill badge or side stickers either.
To be honest I don't like the look of the side stickers that much. I quite like things minimal.
I did ponder the grill badge for a bit too, then decided I quite like the red surround "H" as being the sole evidence it's a Type R from the front.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Ive had my FN2 a month now and I still can't decide whether to get the stickers on the rear quarter and grill.

What do you guys think, I think the Type R looks too much like the Type S without them on.

Does the badge need the bumper taking off to fit or can you just remove the plastic cover above the grill?
Standard Type-S doesn't have the updated grill on it, but I like the look of the grill badge.
Planning on getting one for my CTS so it's clearly not an R :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've had mine for about a month now too.
Mine doesn't have the grill badge or side stickers either.
To be honest I don't like the look of the side stickers that much. I quite like things minimal.
I did ponder the grill badge for a bit too, then decided I quite like the red surround "H" as being the sole evidence it's a Type R from the front.
Thats what I thought at first, but I came from an EP3 and kind of miss seeing the decals. Also I was nosing around one at a Honda garage yesterday with them on and decided it does improve the look of the car, makes it look more of a lads car instead of a mid life crisis car ;)

·
Love Mi-VTEC!
563 Posts
Damn, think I had a crisis but never wanted to admit it. lol

How are you finding the car? What did you come from before?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damn, think I had a crisis but never wanted to admit it. lol

How are you finding the car? What did you come from before?
Had the old shape Type R before this, to be honest at first I regretted trading that in for this but the new one is growing on me, its much better for motorway driving, interior is loads better, performance wise its similar and it is alot better around corners.

Just got a couple of things I need to sort out on the FN2, then I think I will enjoy it just as much as my old one :)

·
Love Mi-VTEC!
563 Posts
Glad to hear it mate. :)
I came from a boring 206 diesel to this so am loving it.
Just finding adapting to the fuel consumption difficult. lol

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Glad to hear it mate. :)
I came from a boring 206 diesel to this so am loving it.
Just finding adapting to the fuel consumption difficult. lol
haha, it is worth it though, unless you do big miles I don't think it cost that much extra to fuel a Type R over a normal car.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The instructions are in the box , if not the backing of the stickers is the template of where they go :) .

I put side decals and grill badge on my ctr and really like them :)
Did you get the genuine set from Honda, if so how much? I don't want to pay any more than £60 for the set.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
I went just side stickers, i like the flash of red the stickers against my black car. For £9 off gers i figured they'd come off if i didnt like them. Chose not to do grill badge as personally i think it makes the front look messy, probably just my ocd taking over and it not looking symetrical. Its all a matter of choice tho

1 - 20 of 38 Posts