·
Premium Member
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all do i need to take off the bumper to fit a type r upper grille to my car

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Yip,has you have to release two fixing clips that are behind the bumper.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
You dont have to if you've got really small hands, but its highly advisable. I've done it both ways and the second is alot easier. I managed to do one by only taking the bumper halfway off too :D

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys will give it a go tomorrow

·
Banned
1,929 Posts
You dont have to if you've got really small hands, but its highly advisable. I've done it both ways and the second is alot easier. I managed to do one by only taking the bumper halfway off too :D
Are you sure. I tried so many techniques in trying to fit my type r grill, I quickly came to the conclusion it was impossible and took the bumper off.

·
The Party Organizer!
734 Posts
Superglue or Araldite might help! I was surprised when I got my grille badge, as the "how to" instructions were more like a bible!
I even bought some Araldite as I couldn't be bothered to take half the car apart just to put the Type R badge!
But, I finally got to it two days ago, when I was fitting the GP front splitter... That justified taking the bumper off, and as I was more than halfway through it, I took the grille off too and finally fitted the badge!

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Are you sure. I tried so many techniques in trying to fit my type r grill, I quickly came to the conclusion it was impossible and took the bumper off.
i read on here it could be done and didnt want to be beaten. i woulnst do it again though. i cut and grazed all my knuckles in the process!

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
I took the bumper off as didn't want to risk snapping anything and it was a 2 minute job. On my previous car to the civic it took agesssss getting bumper off as you needed extension bar and all sorts to get the bolts (which were rusty as hell) off so was VERY surprised when I seen how easy it was to take this 1 off lol

So my advise is just take the bumper off for what it takes ;)

Mick

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=55.004761,-1.533781

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well did mine today undone 2 bolts and with a wee bit force its off with bumper still in place bargain

·
Registered
95 Posts
This did this Yesterday, I tried every angle but my hand couldn't push the clip to release it.

Whilst taking the bumper off it was horrible every pop I took out I cringed as it really did sound like I was breaking it.:(

·
The Party Organizer!
734 Posts
This did this Yesterday, I tried every angle but my hand couldn't push the clip to release it.

Whilst taking the bumper off it was horrible every pop I took out I cringed as it really did sound like I was breaking it.:(
Hahahahaha, I know how it is! When I was installing the GP splitter every pop I died a little!

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
because i wasnt bothered i just hanked it out was a wee bit fiddley fitting type r one but all done relax :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.