2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Bye Bye Type R
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i picked up my new CTR at 1200 today and spent most of this afternoon driving it around. So far im well impressed with it, im not really a car person, but i think the new addition has changed this. I will post pics as soon as i can. There was a funny smell in the car after i had took it for a blast. But my smile is so big i wil get over it and the smell disapeared soon after. Sorry its not a good write up but so far all i can compare the car too is a 206 xsi which wouldnt be fair

·
ON A STEEL WOK I FRY
2,460 Posts
glad to hear you're happy with it.

Get a magic tree, that will sort out the smell....

·
Registered
17 Posts
So i picked up my new CTR at 1200 today and spent most of this afternoon driving it around. So far im well impressed with it, im not really a car person, but i think the new addition has changed this. I will post pics as soon as i can. There was a funny smell in the car after i had took it for a blast. But my smile is so big i wil get over it and the smell disapeared soon after. Sorry its not a good write up but so far all i can compare the car too is a 206 xsi which wouldnt be fair
Maybe dont drive it so fast then...:)

·
Administrator
19,178 Posts
Glad to hear you are liking the car :)

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
mmmm..... new CTR.

I've had mine now for a whole 5 days!!! Had a burning smell for the first couple of days, its gone now.

·
Premium Member
6,314 Posts
Congrats on your new motor mate. I wouln't worry bout the smell coming from your car as your still running it in will dissapper after couple of hundard miles mines smelled as it was coming from the brakes being new.

Enjoy and have fun.:eek:

·
Move over..comming thru!!
533 Posts
mmmm..... new CTR.

I've had mine now for a whole 5 days!!! Had a burning smell for the first couple of days, its gone now.
I had no burning smell at all...am I missing out on something here?? ;) Or maybe you guys have been vtec'ing it a little more than you're letting on.. :rolleyes:

Congratz..nice looking motor.. the Type R just looks great in any colour doesnt it?? :-D

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
I had a really weird smell from the exhaust and the brakes every time it was driven hard for the first while, doesn't happen anymore though

Good choice of colour for the civic :)

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
I had no burning smell at all...am I missing out on something here?? ;) Or maybe you guys have been vtec'ing it a little more than you're letting on.. :rolleyes:
errr .... maybe :rolleyes:

Nice pics of the car Phil, I nearly went for MR but stayed with black ..... it keeps me busy. ;)

I see you have road humps nearby, they don't like road humps, damn those humps :(

·
Bye Bye Type R
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Tell me about them, have to really slow down. Just hope im running her in properly as there is nothing in the handbook and the dealer said to just drive normally. Im used to running in new bikes as per handbook. Also should i get the oil changed before the firdt service at 125000 or is this done on the first service. On bikes its all done at 500miles

1 - 20 of 21 Posts