2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!!!

So here I am again with another question!!!

Today, my car started making an unpleasant grinding on full lock, in either direction.

It sounds like metal on metal to me.

I don't know if its the brakes, I can see what I consider to be enough pad left on the visible side of the front disks, and in a straight line on the brakes it seems fine, apart from a bit of vibration that I'm guessing is a slight warp (new discs and pads on order).

Any thoughts????

Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
353 Posts
I've noticed brakes rubbing on various cars when turning a very tight corner could be slight brake binding, other wise it could be the sterering staring to wear. You could jack up each front wheel in turn and see if there is any play in the steering joints.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have you noticed if there is a VSA warning light at the same time? If so I think I may have a similar problem (although not at full lock, and only turning right).

If it is the same thing, it's a really worrying noise!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you noticed if there is a VSA warning light at the same time? If so I think I may have a similar problem (although not at full lock, and only turning right).

If it is the same thing, it's a really worrying noise!
Can't say I'd noticed the VSA light.

I'm going to change the discs and pads in a bit, just letting them cool down. Going to see what I can find!!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I've changed the disks and pads but can't find anything obviously wrong or rubbing.

Its all very odd.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Check your CV boots nearist the hub as grinding/knocking normaly means the rubber is split and the grease is leaking out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts